What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

As a fan of Bill Bryson, I was really looking forward to the adaptation of A Walk in the Woods. It’s pretty disappointing. Robert Redford is badly miscast as Bryson. Bryson is a fat, beardy, balding nerd. Redford is The Sundance Kid. Not only that, he’s also about 15 years older than Bryson. It’s weird casting. Nick Nolte provides a bit of entertainment as his alcoholic mate but overall I found this fairly cheesy.

A Walk in the Woods (2015) - IMDb

Finished Montage Of Heck. The animation and the animated note books were excellent. The doco wouldn't have been more meh.

Force Majeure: I haven't seen a better looking or better sounding film in a long long time. Great stuff. Watch it with your spouse for additional discomfort points.

Yeah, Force Majeure is such good craic!

I knew very little about this film but saw that it got good reviews. It wasn't what I was expecting but I loved it. Dark, funny, sexy - very French.
newgirlfriendWebsite-Event-Image-Template01.jpg

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films.
On film four on Friday.
Great documentary about Cannon films. Who?, well If you've watched any chessy Action/ Martial arts/Horror films from the 80's you've seen a Cannon Production.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recommended

Deadpool. Ok I suppose. I knew nothing about the character but my Facebook friends all loved this film. It just as funny as it could have been . At the end I thought to myself, "well I'll never watch that again" just as my missus turned to me and said "I'll never watch that again "

At the end I thought to myself, "well I'll never watch that again" just as my missus turned to me and said "I'll never watch that again "

OMG, you guys!!!!

(I concur)

Watched The Martian last night. In spite of my aversion to late period Ridley Scott and Matt Damon in generally I very much enjoyed it

Simon Killer. A sociopathic American gets up to all kinds of weird and creepy shit after he becomes involved with a prostitute in Paris. This is from the same people who made Martha Macy May Marlene and has the same kind of disturbing spooky vibe. Brady Corbett is really good a playing creeps and weirdos. Great soundtrack.
Simon-Killer-Poster.jpg

Deadpool. Was good, in a sociopath going on a rampage with some humor thrown in type film. Wouldn't be a fan of those marvel/super hero films, but, was grand.

Re deadpool. "Stan Lee in full frontal nude scene shocker" would have been my slightly misleading headline.

Went to Triple 9 yesterday

Very good, but a bit clunky in parts, and slightly depressing, with macho, humourless, sweaty, smarmy men, living atrociously unhealthy lifestyles in filthy apartments. It was missing an endearing baddie - they were a hateful lot.

Some great action scenes. though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Went to Triple 9 yesterday

Very good, but a bit clunky in parts, and slightly depressing, with macho, humourless, sweaty, smarmy men, living atrociously unhealthy lifestyles in filthy apartments. It was missing an endearing baddie - they were a hateful lot.

Some great action scenes. though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Might go see. Bound to be better than fucking Deadpool, anyway. I still can't think of a joke in Deadpool that was actually funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back