What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Didn't he say part of the reason he liked it was because the finale resembles the madness that Italian horror films usually resolved into? That's what I liked about it, you know, like the way a lot of Argento or Fulci films usually take an inexplicably bizarre turn towards the end. I dunno though, I wouldn't hold my opinion very highly, I have a lot of love for some seriously bad films and Kermode was really into Transcendence.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

oh man i totally forgot his love of transcendence. i couldnt agree with the love of my life on everything i spose.

oh man i totally forgot his love of transcendence. i couldnt agree with the love of my life on everything i spose.

Have you seen his documentary about The Exorcist, The Fear of God? Pretty much loved him since that and his fabulous hair.

Have you seen his documentary about The Exorcist, The Fear of God? Pretty much loved him since that and his fabulous hair.

yep! and his skiffle band, and his weird obsession with high school musical and his lovely big vegetarian face. i am genuinely convinced he's perfect for me. damn linda.

Song_of_the_Sea_%282014_film%29_poster.jpg

oh my god it was SO EMOTIONAL

Really really good though. Come on Ireland

Up the ra

actually didn't think Transcendence was anywhere near as bad as people made out.

Thing that gets me about him, and i really align with most of his views, is his love for anything British. You get double bonus points for being a British film. Paddington is dogshit and films like Skyfall (which is a fine film) get away with a lot that i don't think non-British films would.

Also Good Vibrations was no where near the best film of 2013

Yeah Kermode will overlook a lot of flaws in something if it's a plucky British indie, especially if it reminds him of something he liked in the 70s/80s.. Hard to beat a good rant from him though.

I saw Ex Machina a couple of days ago (it finally got a release in Canada, months after Britain/Ireland for some reason). I really liked the economical setup of it and the commitment to being an ideas/atmosphere piece, reminded me of Moon in some respects. Some plot contrivances felt a bit clunky (mostly involving power cuts and key cards). Alicia Vikander's character is an impressive combo of subtle acting and well-used CGI, Gleeson and Isaac also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back