What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

WildTales_Poster-683x1024.jpg

Wild tales. good show, don't read reviews/hype ad dive in. a lot of posters out there, this one is nice.

recommendé (i.e. get subs)

The Gunman with Sean Penn
So fucking self-serious this man. Also takes his shirt off more than Matthew McConaughey. Sean has been hitting the gym hard.
His girl in it is called Annie and about half way though all I wanted was for him to say "Annie are you okay?"

He did!

Just saw The Gunman there, thought it was great. Up its own hole in a massive way, absolutely, but some bloody good action and shit so I was happy. Wonder how many steroids Sean Penn had to score to get that role? Or maybe his veins are naturally fucking mental, right?

did you think? i got bored about 40 minutes in and started going on the internet on my phone. it had itss moments but overall i thought it was a waste of some very decent character actors. it wasn't nearly gory enough either

I think Predators is a pretty good laugh. The first half of the film is real good actually. The Russian dude is amazing, and Fishy Larry is hilarious.

Also, Adrian Brody's nose.

Just saw The Gunman there, thought it was great. Up its own hole in a massive way, absolutely, but some bloody good action and shit so I was happy. Wonder how many steroids Sean Penn had to score to get that role? Or maybe his veins are naturally fucking mental, right?

He had veins like amp cord.

I still haven't seen Don't Look Now. I keep falling asleep when it's on TV.

need to get a copy if it.

I watched Pan's Labyrinth again last night. Still love it.

The Gunman with Sean Penn
So fucking self-serious this man. Also takes his shirt off more than Matthew McConaughey. Sean has been hitting the gym hard.
His girl in it is called Annie and about half way though all I wanted was for him to say "Annie are you okay?"
I saw it tonight.. Idris Elba really worked that treehouse metaphor didn't he? Got some puerile laughs in when Penn was explaining his dark secrets to the girlfriend.. "I did some bad stuff... Cox... Me..."

Mr. Turner

I thought this was deadly. Timothy Spall goes around grunting a lot and painting. I wish I'd gone to see it in the cinema.

Spring (2014)
New film from the team you made the great RESOLUTION. Don't go into this one expecting full on horror or you will be disappointed. Its pretty original and a lot more ambitious than their previous projects.

I saw it tonight.. Idris Elba really worked that treehouse metaphor didn't he? Got some puerile laughs in when Penn was explaining his dark secrets to the girlfriend.. "I did some bad stuff... Cox... Me..."

Yeah, Russell 'Stringer' Bell's 5-minute cameo was pretty good really

Didn't that make it worse though?

Having him in the cast but barely using him?

We got the Sean Penn Gun Show instead.

And it's only a personal thing, but I'm a bit done with Ray Winstone's shtick for a while.

Ha yeah, dunno why they bothered showing Stringer Bell in the trailer for it at all!
I actually thought Ray Winstone was grand in this one – like the same character he always plays, sure, but didn't do a bad job or anything.

Don't Look Now is such a strange film. I wonder if it was a concious decision by Nicholas Roeg to make a giallo influenced film. It was 1973 and the peak of the Italian film industry's output and popularity, but Nicholas Roeg's films always had that strange dream like quality anyway. But then there's the Venice setting and the Pino Donaggio score. I got caught up thinking about this, got stressed out by it and couldn't concentrate on the film :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back