What movie did you watch last night? (25 Viewers)

Blood Ties. Uneven homage to 70s NYC crime dramas like Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Mean Streets etc. The warring brothers on different sides of the law story has been done to death and there's some really bad acting on display here. Guilaume Canet doesn't really have the directing chops to pull it off.
Blood Ties (2013) - IMDb

I love the interviews in that with the Dessner twins, they seem endlessly patient.

Yeah, even in the face of questions like 'Where do you see the band in 50 years time?' and his constant attempts to make them look silly by staging them in pretentious indie rock poses..

Blood Ties. Uneven homage to 70s NYC crime dramas like Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Mean Streets etc. The warring brothers on different sides of the law story has been done to death and there's some really bad acting on display here. Guilaume Canet doesn't really have the directing chops to pull it off.
Blood Ties (2013) - IMDb
Yep, it was formulaic stuff. Marion Cotillard's accent provided some comic relief though.

Watched Calvary the other day. It was pretty good, but I think some of the fawning over it going on is a bit much

I didn't go to Calvary afterall

Went to see We Are The Best instead. Swedish movie about three teenage girls who form a punk band.
Good craic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't go to Calvary afterall

Went to see We Are The Best instead. Swedish movie about three teenage girls who form a punk band.
Good craic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully gonna see that tomorrow!

Locke, I won't say much about as almost anything would be a spoiler, though having said that the movie is less about the plot and almost totally about Tom Hardy's excellent, engaging performance.

The film is about Hardy's character driving from Birmingham to London on the motorway and making some phone calls.

Notorious_1946.jpg

Cheap Thrills. Pitch black comedy in the mould of Very Bad Things. Dark, grisly, misanthropic and very funny.
6122559_orig.jpg

Incendies. Devastating in parts, a real gut wrencher, but I found the ending contrived, unbelievable and just piling on the misery for sake of it. I do think Denis Villeneuve is one of the more intriguing directors around at the moment even if his films can misfire at times.
incendies-poster.jpg

Incendies. Devastating in parts, a real gut wrencher, but I found the ending contrived, unbelievable and just piling on the misery for sake of it. I do think Denis Villeneuve is one of the more intriguing directors around at the moment even if his films can misfire at times.
incendies-poster.jpg
Ah come on, it was all about the ending. Thought it was an excellent movie. Really loved the lead actress, haven't come across her in anything else.

Ah come on, it was all about the ending. Thought it was an excellent movie. Really loved the lead actress, haven't come across her in anything else.
i didn't buy the ending, loved the rest of it though, there were a couple of moments when i actually gasped out loud. loved both the mother and the daughter.

Locke, I won't say much about as almost anything would be a spoiler, though having said that the movie is less about the plot and almost totally about Tom Hardy's excellent, engaging performance.

The film is about Hardy's character driving from Birmingham to London on the motorway and making some phone calls.

Is he Welsh in this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back