What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

Inside Llewyn Davis - one of the Coens' shaggy dog stories.. The storyline is slight, just a string of incidents over several days in the life of a guy at a particularly low ebb. The main character is a bit of a dickhead, a frustrated artist mooching off the same people he looks down on, but you get a rounded enough portrayal of him that it doesn't feel like the misanthropy that the Coens can slip into sometimes. The early '60s NYC folk scene setting feels well observed and the music performance scenes are good. I'd put it somewhere in the upper mid tier of their stuff.

What did you make of the Mobius strip ending?

What did you make of the Mobius strip ending?

It's a bit like that Flann O Brien quote about hell being circular in nature.. He's trapped himself through his bad decisions, his treatment of people and his artistic aloofness in this sort of nether existence which will keep repeating until he makes a decision one way or another to break out of it.

12 Years A Slave.

You would want to be made of granite if that film didn't move you. Fassbender is unbelievably good in it.

The Ringer was on telly last night. Johnny Knoxville pretends to be special needs to get into the Olympics or some shit. I managed about 5 minutes, then I smashed my own head in with a hammer. I've seen worse ideas. Or have I?

The Ringer was on telly last night. Johnny Knoxville pretends to be special needs to get into the Olympics or some shit. I managed about 5 minutes, then I smashed my own head in with a hammer. I've seen worse ideas. Or have I?

The new Jason Bateman movie has a similar pretext

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ACTUALLY, HOLD ON. Sex In The City 2 was the worst idea of all time. The Ringer looks like <insert perennial classic here> by comparison.

Seriously, that movie deserves a thesis of abuse.

The new Jason Bateman movie has a similar pretext

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, there is also the Spanish basketball team that won the special Olympics a few years ago. Fact is stranger than fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back