What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

Frost/Nixon. A film of two halves, the first is just ok, I thought they overplayed Nixon a bit and Frost comes across as annoying. Second half is excellent, once the interview process begins it gets really riveting.

Rosemarys baby. Hmmm, good but.... felt like it was lacking something. Maybe an actual look at the devil-child. The ending was a let down.

I did not like The Wolf Of Wall Street

Haven't seen it yet, but it seems to be seriously dividing people. Heard two five star reviews on the radio on Friday, followed by two 2 star reviews on another station. The negatives all seem to be based around the perceived amorality of glorifying the subject matter. What did you not like about it @Unicron ?

Haven't seen it yet, but it seems to be seriously dividing people. Heard two five star reviews on the radio on Friday, followed by two 2 star reviews on another station. The negatives all seem to be based around the perceived amorality of glorifying the subject matter. What did you not like about it @Unicron ?

Bloated, undeservedly swaggering, and overly long. Referred to it on twitter as a be here now of a Scorcese film. The actors Marty is using for these sorts of movies now aren't close to being as good as when he was doing them 20 years ago.

Bloated, undeservedly swaggering, and overly long. Referred to it on twitter as a be here now of a Scorcese film. The actors Marty is using for these sorts of movies now aren't close to being as good as when he was doing them 20 years ago.

What about the quaalude scene?

I loved The Wolf of Wall Street. I was laughing my head off throughout. Don't think I've laughed as much at the cinema in recent memory as I did during the quaalude scene. DiCaprio is always great but this is one of his best performances.

Rosemarys baby. Hmmm, good but.... felt like it was lacking something. Maybe an actual look at the devil-child. The ending was a let down.
This is one of the best horror movies ever made and my personal favourite. i don't think we needed to see the child. Some things are best left to the imagination. Disagree about the ending, it's perfect. "He has his father's eyes"

Exactly how many slaves do you own?

I actually fell asleep for about 5 minutes about half-way through the film.

A film about people being horrible to each other 150 years ago. Thing is, people are still being equally horrible to each other today, so I'm not exactly sure what is meant to shock me/move me/whatever here.

Also, yer man can't play violin.

I actually fell asleep for about 5 minutes about half-way through the film.

A film about people being horrible to each other 150 years ago. Thing is, people are still being equally horrible to each other today, so I'm not exactly sure what is meant to shock me/move me/whatever here.

Also, yer man can't play violin.

I hear so many people say this. Like "We knew this already" or "I learned nothing new"

Meanwhile there are a million Holocaust films every year. There are countless WWII films.
How many Vietnam films are there?

It's racist is what it is. Yis rat fucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back