What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

The swimming pool sex scene in Showgirls may actually be the funniest scene in any film ever, she rides Kyle like a fucking trained dolphin doing tricks in Seaworld.

Two I finally got round to seeing that I had high expectations of:

Kill List.

We Need To Talk About Kevin.

One was shite (let down by a piss poor third act), the other amazing (made deadly by an enthralling third act that was foreshadowed excellently).

Went to see The Phantom Menace in 3D. It was a total mess. I digital mess. 3D here, no 3D there, perfect new CG here, terrible looking people who looked like upsampled jpgs there. I've seen this film a good few times and am well aware of its failings but this was the first time I was REALLY bored during it.
The cinema didn't help: projection was too dark, audio was piss poor; not nearly loud enough and sounded like it was in fucking MONO. I blame that one on the kip I saw it in, I don't believe for a second that this didn't have kick ass sound.

Went to see The Phantom Menace in 3D. It was a total mess. I digital mess. 3D here, no 3D there, perfect new CG here, terrible looking people who looked like upsampled jpgs there. I've seen this film a good few times and am well aware of its failings but this was the first time I was REALLY bored during it.
The cinema didn't help: projection was too dark, audio was piss poor; not nearly loud enough and sounded like it was in fucking MONO. I blame that one on the kip I saw it in, I don't believe for a second that this didn't have kick ass sound.

you must really, really love your kids

Two I finally got round to seeing that I had high expectations of:

Kill List.

We Need To Talk About Kevin.

One was shite (let down by a piss poor third act), the other amazing (made deadly by an enthralling third act that was foreshadowed excellently).

I saw both of these this week also. The fucking ending on that Kill List. Jesus.

I kept looking at the Kevin one as a bad seed horror movie.
I liked that everything happens in her head, or is framed by her memories at least.
Worked great. I loved all the segues between scenes. Real train of thought thing happening.
The logistics of the massacre bothered me, how do the kids not just leave through the door they came in?

I also saw Friends With Kids as I like most of the people in it.
friends_with_kids.jpg

Started out okay with a few laughs then just descended into so much romcom cliche I expected Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl to show up.

Although between this and ...Kevin you'd want to have a pretty self-destructive streak to want kids.

Kevin was a masterpiece & of course it was a horror film. Marketing people avoid that word like the plague.

a>

1205-LRAINER-The-Artist_full_600.jpg

Yip.

1315598198_drive_ost_2011.jpg

a>

Been meaning to watch this for ages.
Very good.
The final fight just in shadows was terrific

It had kind of a Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter kind of vibe about it, expect I sometimes felt that the driver's silence had something to do with something missing in him, as opposed to Clint's seen it all-tough guy silence.

I liked that he was allowed to be afraid, the encounter with the guy in the diner where his hand shakes afterwards.

The logistics of the massacre bothered me, how do the kids not just leave through the door they came in?

There is a scene in the movie where Kevin locks the sports hall door with a u lock and at the end we see the emergency services cut through it with an angle grinder. Maybe he used an alternative way to enter the hall, you are correct thoiugh the film could have made this little clearer.

i thought kevin was shite. john c reilly and tilda swinton were an unconvincing couple and teenage kevin was a terrible actor. young kevin was a creepy little fuck but there was no way i was believing that 11 stone pretty boy was capable of massacre. tilda swinton is a fantastic actress but

1205-LRAINER-The-Artist_full_600.jpg

Yip.

1315598198_drive_ost_2011.jpg

a>

Been meaning to watch this for ages.
Very good.
The final fight just in shadows was terrific

It had kind of a Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter kind of vibe about it, expect I sometimes felt that the driver's silence had something to do with something missing in him, as opposed to Clint's seen it all-tough guy silence.

I liked that he was allowed to be afraid, the encounter with the guy in the diner where his hand shakes afterwards.

You are aware of the existence of the spoiler tag right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back