What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Margaret.. in the IFI.

Very long with a few too many unnecessary sub plots and a great deal of loud arguing.
Still, 8 out of 10 for the performances, one particular no-holds barred scene and all the peaceful slo-mos in between the shouting

margaretposter.jpg

Very Good altogether Woody?

Yeah I have no idea what that means either but I can confirm Monster In Paris was good. Oh hang on, was this about Midnight In Paris? I didn't like that at all ...

I watched Michael. Austrian film about the relationship between a pedophile and the boy he has abducted. Very disturbing. This is the directorial debut of Michael Haneke's casting director. The film is very much in the style of Haneke. Long static shots, very little dialogue, horrible things hinted at rather than shown explicitly. Very effective

Rampart with Woody Harrelson

Rampart%2BUK%2Bposter.jpg

You've kinda seen this cop in a downward spiral thing before, but there's strong stuff from Harrelson here and the thing is just fucking beautiful to watch.
I actually hung around for the credits to see who the cinematographer was.
I love those LA movies where you know just by the tones on the screen that it is LA.

No real plot though, just a meandering cycle of self-destruction. Which is fine.

Went to see this last night. I wouldn't really call it beautiful exactly (there was a really harsh aesthetic throughout) but it was wonderfully shot alright. Very original. Good film

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back