What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

i thought John Hawkes was brilliant as the cult leader. he is extremely charismatic and you could totally see why fucked up kids would be drawn to him. they were supposed to be kids weren't they? i thought the average age was meant to be about 15 - 18. most lads are loser morons at that age.

Manson was a smelly vagrant. And Jim Jones wasn't exactly Michael Fassbender and look what he had people doing.
Jim+Jones+day+of+massacre.jpg

Mmm so I've heard. Is Asia Argento in that one? I haven't actually seen Suspiria yet, I was under the impression Inferno was the first.

No, Suspira and then Inferno (not that it makes any difference really). And yup, Asia is in th last one.

4232311.jpg

From the director of Drive*, former Power Ranger Johnny Yong Bosch moves to the arse end of nowhere with his wife and child. Bad guys attack. The plot mainly stays out of the way of the fighting, which is good because the non fighting parts are atrocious. Worth watching for the fighting though.

This was a mad film from German director Michael Haneke. He remade the original German version into English and stars Tim Roth and Naomi Harris. It is about a couple and their young son taking a vacation in their holiday home but then come along a couple of polite ,articulate homicidal glove wearing psychopaths to ruin it all on them.

images

This was a mad film from German director Michael Haneke. He remade the original German version into English and stars Tim Roth and Naomi Harris. It is about a couple and their young son taking a vacation in their holiday home but then come along a couple of polite ,articulate homicidal glove wearing psychopaths to ruin it all on them.

images
hard work but brilliant. michael pitt is great in it - utterly terrifying. i love haneke

hard work but brilliant. michael pitt is great in it - utterly terrifying. i love haneke

I agree - Michael Pitt made that film, I don't know about you but I thought the egg scene was very funny. I don't know if that was the intention, maybe it was.

I agree - Michael Pitt made that film, I don't know about you but I thought the egg scene was very funny. I don't know if that was the intention, maybe it was.
yeah that was funny. there was elements of pitch black humour throughout. michael pitt's needling of brady corbet throughout was pretty funny

No other film has annoyed me more then that one, firstly as a rationale human being with fully working mind I can tell the difference between film violence and real violence so by all the sly winking usery and breaking of the forth wall implicating me in watching the violence and asking me how I can keep watching, well it's a film, I know the violence in it isn't real.

As for the opinions that the the film is based in hyper realism that gives the violence even more of an impact well I think the remote control scene removes any verite feel and grounds the fact that this is a film and not real

I really like Michael Pitt but he's been in two of my least favourite films ever Funny Games and Last Days.

The remake seems pointless see the original.
Just because you are a rational human being doesn't make the point any less relevant, so what if you know a film isn't real you are still watching violence as a form of entertainment. Whether it's real or not makes little difference.

I liked Funny Games, never saw the remake though.

11359__x400_dracula_ad_1972_poster_06.jpg

Always gets a kicking but I quiet like it. It's fairly dated, that's okay. I want that 70's vibe. Cushing is great as usual, and Lee is of course the definitive Dracula.

I watched Chronicle last night. I wasn't expecting much but it was really shit. It's a 'found footage' film (ala Cloverfield) although they cheat towards the end. Wouldn't mind if I never saw another one of those. Similar plotline to Akira, but in a broad brush strokes good vs evil Hollywood kind of way. Straight to video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back