What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

hit.jpg

The Hit. Directed by Stephen Frears and starring Terence Stamp as a grass camped out in Spain. Tim Roth and John Hurt are the hitman hired to bring him to Paris. For his death. Great road movie with Laura De Sol as the fiery female.

I watched Kill the Irishman today. I'm pretty sure Vinny Jones' Irish accent is about as bad as they come.

I think Julian Sands in Witch hunt is the worse hands down. I thought he was Jamaican at first...

I too watched:

Kill-the-Irishman.jpg

I was really looking forward to it but my expectations were lowered after hearing mixed reviews.

So I must say I really enjoyed though it did have the potential to be an epic film it did fall a bit short. It was also a pity Christopher Walken hadn't abit more to do in it.

Ray Stevenson was great in the lead and I think it prolly features every one who ever played a wiseguy on film or TV. And LOL@Vinnie Jones pretty much playing the same pikey boxer from Strength and Honour.

The film didn't touch on Greene being a FBI informant and painted him in a pretty romantic light. The soundtrack also needed more House of Pain.

I think Julian Sands in Witch hunt is the worse hands down. I thought he was Jamaican at first...

I too watched:

Kill-the-Irishman.jpg

I was really looking forward to it but my expectations were lowered after hearing mixed reviews.

So I must say I really enjoyed though it did have the potential to be an epic film it did fall a bit short. It was also a pity Christopher Walken hadn't abit more to do in it.

Ray Stevenson was great in the lead and I think it prolly features every one who ever played a wiseguy on film or TV. And LOL@Vinnie Jones pretty much playing the same pikey boxer from Strength and Honour.

The film didn't touch on Greene being a FBI informant and painted him in a pretty romantic light. The soundtrack also needed more House of Pain.

Ha my missus is from Cleveland, been meaning to track this down as I've read a few books about him. One time she was at a Damo Dempsey gig there and some auld fella said that Danny Greene "was our Michael Collins". :)

By the way, is this showing somewhere here or did you doonload it?

Just watched it there.

Vinnie Jones should not be ever allowed near any films ever again, ever.

Your man main actor's accent was ropey as fuck.

I felt the cop character wasn't used very effectively.

Am I imagining a time when Val Kilmer could act?

All in all, it wasn't bad, and had some nice touches. I really liked how they incorporated real footage into it, and I wonder would better use have been made of that footage in the context of a documentary.

Your man main actor's accent was ropey as fuck.

I agree it wasn't great but I think he wasn't a bad choice for the character (I'm a bit of a fan boy though).

Alot of that footage is from a documentary - Crime Inc - The True Story Of The Mafia. Alot of the footage they tried to mimic came from that.

Trying to decide between watching 'Away we go' (not overly interested in it) or 'An Education' (seen it before but absolutely loved it)

thoughts? or recommendations of something I might find on torrent? Bad person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back