What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

wild_at_heart.jpg

except Jennifer Beals perhaps...

jennifer-beals-20060301-112300.jpg

mmmmmm.

It is a bit of inspired casting to have the girls from Flasdance and Showgirls together, with Dorothy Vallens thrown in for good luck.

You can see lots of her in the L word making out with other women. Also in the last season that showgirls one shows up in it too.

Bullets Over Broadway. Megalolz!

On that recomendation I watched it too. It's brilliant.

also
Doubt
doubt.jpg

It's adapted from a play and you can tell this because it's very minimal plenty of dialogue and long silences and only has four charachters, so the director (who I think wrote the play) does some slow motion and tilts the camera every now and again. I don't know why they film these things it was probably a really top notch play but I suppose it's the "wider audience" pull that gets it made into a film which I assume ends it's theatrical run for the near future, which seems odd. Any way. From the outset it looks very serious preachy priest-Pedo movie but hidden inside there's a sleek little gumshoe/courtroom kind of thing going on. Mainly it's worth seeing for the acting. In particular one scene between Viola Davis and Meryl Streep is class. A class act all round though by the sounds of things its probably not as good as Predators.

On that recomendation I watched it too. It's brilliant.

also
Doubt
doubt.jpg

It's adapted from a play and you can tell this because it's very minimal plenty of dialogue and long silences and only has four charachters, so the director (who I think wrote the play) does some slow motion and tilts the camera every now and again. I don't know why they film these things it was probably a really top notch play but I suppose it's the "wider audience" pull that gets it made into a film which I assume ends it's theatrical run for the near future, which seems odd. Any way. From the outset it looks very serious preachy priest-Pedo movie but hidden inside there's a sleek little gumshoe/courtroom kind of thing going on. Mainly it's worth seeing for the acting. In particular one scene between Viola Davis and Meryl Streep is class. A class act all round though by the sounds of things its probably not as good as Predators.

that was shot by roger deakins. i haven't seen it, the whole oscar wanking thing put me off. i'll give it go though. phillip seymour hoffman is the best actor working in film at the moment

that was shot by roger deakins. i haven't seen it, the whole oscar wanking thing put me off. i'll give it go though. phillip seymour hoffman is the best actor working in film at the moment

I knew I knew that name from somewhere. It looks good alright.

It's not as good as all that Oscar Bollox and American awards make out. Anyone who's seen any Micheal Haneke will be on firmilure ground here, but obviously Americans can't use their brains while watching movies so the praise goes over the top.

I knew I knew that name from somewhere. It looks good alright.

It's not as good as all that Oscar Bollox and American awards make out. Anyone who's seen any Micheal Haneke will be on firmilure ground here, but obviously Americans can't use their brains while watching movies so the praise goes over the top.

Watch it now.

I felt quite similarly about Art School Confidential. I mostly disliked it though

overnight.jpg

Deadly. Insane. Impossible to believe. Funny and awful. Infuriating. Brilliant, really.

No he is not - an overated bloated pompous asshole. Best actor today? that would have to be Tom Cruise.

No he is not - an overated bloated pompous asshole. Best actor today? that would have to be Tom Cruise.

in fairness he's pretty great in this scene whatever movie it's from

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched Scarface on telly last night. I still think it's overblown tripe but actually everything up until the assassination attempt in NYC is quite good. I just hate the way the ending seems rushed.

Good film that.

Not like this. This is just silly. Really slack script. Two thirds of the way in Lee Van Cleef turns from good guy to bad guy without actually doing anything to warrant being the bad guy. Some dude just starts talking like he's the bad guy, so he then is for the rest of the film. And there's some really forced re-using dialogue from earlier in the film that doesn't fit the context it's used in. It's watchable because Lee Van Cleef is in it though, and the title sequence is pretty good.

day_of_anger_poster_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back