What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

brazil21.jpg

I watched Terry Gilliam's Brazil I think from a recommendation on this thread. I thought it looked and sounded amazing. I always love those bonkers dystopian versions of the future with intentionally bad approximations of what technology will do to people and the hand-made special effects. I thought the second half of the film dragged with a few too many chases and dream sequences and shit, but having read stuff and thought about it, it is kinda vital so maybe I should shut up on that point. The scene where he joins Information Retrieval is hilarious! Oh and the music is deadly too.

bagheadtop.jpg

The day before I watched this because I read about it after watching Greenberg - Greta Gerwig (horn?) is apparently queen of the mumblecore genre of film. It was alright. Low budget and mumbling-a-plenty and humour about being an struggling actor in a vaguely Swingers-ish way with an interesting dynamic between the characters. But nowhere near as good as Swingers.

39262.jpg

It's not as shocking as it was back in the day (there's more gore in a Saw film for example) but it's still a great flick, the editing is bananas, all the leads do a great job and it looks like nothing I'd seen before.

I'd say their was some craic on the set with Woodly Harrelson, (pre sobriety) Robert Downey Jr, (pre prison) Tom Sizemore, Oliver Stone and Juleitte Lewis !!

Wristcutters-14-Shannyn_Sossamon-Patrick_Fugit.jpg

saw wristcutters for the first time. really, really enjoyed it. i always like patrick fugit, he's pretty much dependable. tom waits playing his usual. shannyn sossamon being incredible to look at.

I watched this on a recommendation that despite the fact that I've hated everything else Michael bleedin' Cera has been in that this was different, this was funny, and not rage inducing

It's not

It's shit
Same cliched 'doodling on my journal' graphics, ridiculously advanced vocabulary for 16 year olds, Michael Cera being Michael Cera again, the hip soundtrack ,same same same old shit

YIR.jpg

Bah :mad:

There were a couople of very good moments - and the Francois character was good but it kept setting up these situations that led to nothing=- very frustrating

mainly though its the whole Juno-esque 'precocious teens ( they like vinyl!) against the world' that bugs the hell out of me

I've never see Arrested Development- heard good things

but then I also heard good things about this movie

I watched Just Friends starring Ryan Rodney Reynolds and Amy Smart and Anna Faris. This is a truly truly awful film. The worst kind of phone-it-in, one-for-dough rom-com bullshit. I quite enjoyed watching it nonetheless probably because the lead actors weren't hateable. Shocking film though.

the-damned-united-20090806101723406_640w.jpg

Really good film. I'm not a big football fan, but Brian Clough was always an interesting character. Michael Sheen is brilliant. A proper actor, unlike most of the A listers.

shootist.jpg

This is John Wayne's pro-euthanasia film. Not a whole lot of actual shooting, but it's good. Also, John Wayne kicks some reporter dude in the arse.

Does The duke have a ridiculously long gun in this?

the-damned-united-20090806101723406_640w.jpg

Really good film. I'm not a big football fan, but Brian Clough was always an interesting character. Michael Sheen is brilliant. A proper actor, unlike most of the A listers.
Yeah, really enjoyed this film. The Beeb then had about an hour long programme about Clough, which was very interesting.

My uncle who I go to matches and gigs with is a Derby County fan so have grown up hearing about Clough.

Funny to see Johnny Giles as a "Villain". Although Gilesy makes no secret of his dislike for Clough any time I've heard him mention him.

This film is currently on in the IFI, and it is absolutely fucking amazing. Ignore the suggestions that it's some sort of comedy vehicle, the comedy plays second string to a completely brilliant film. Go and see it if you get the chance, I'm definitely going again myself!

6a00e54f782d8388330120a7b6160d970b.jpg

Watched Eastern Promises on Saturday night, enjoyed it. The scene in the bath house was great.

Did wonder why the characters switched from speaking Russian to English so regularly.

Yeah, really enjoyed this film. The Beeb then had about an hour long programme about Clough, which was very interesting.

My uncle who I go to matches and gigs with is a Derby County fan so have grown up hearing about Clough.

Funny to see Johnny Giles as a "Villain". Although Gilesy makes no secret of his dislike for Clough any time I've heard him mention him.

Giles sued the guy who wrote the book because he claimed (rightly so) that his potrayal of him and other Leeds players was slander. He won.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-legend-wins-apology.3747294.jp

i watched three... extremes. three 40 minute horror segments by three korean directors including takashi miike and park chan-wook. here's what i thought about each segment:

dumplings - yuck!
cut - hahahahaha
box - terrified whimper
53653.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back