What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

another warped masterpiece from the coens
barton_fink2.jpg

Still my favourite Coen's film. Just perfect.

'Rope' was just on Film Four, I'd never actually seen it before and it's so good! I was just about to drop John Dall off at the horn thread.

In recent times:
Surviving the Game, as above. Good shit.

seven-1.jpg

This here is a western. Randolph Scott is tracking down the seven men of the title after they killed his wife in a robbery, Lee Marvin is after the money they stole. This is good. Great opening scene.
Also, it's 75 minutes long, so if it's half time during a tedious match that looks to be going to penalties, it'll be done just before the penalties start.

36.jpg

Daniel Auteuil and Gerard Depardieu as rival cops who don't care for the book after the same criminal gang. This is also good.

outlander_poster4.jpg

Jesus from space + vikings vs monster. Good, pretty ropey CGI though. Ron Perlman looking pretty ridiculous, even by Ron Perlman standards.

427image11245515333.jpg

Not great. It's not even really a sequel to Black Belt Jones (although Hot Potato is a a sequel to that), he's called Lucas in this. Much better than Black Samurai though.

just watched ken park. i was expecting another classic larry clark turd about kids fucking for no particular reason but i really liked it. it had a good bit of decent (rather than 'look i'm mental') harmony korine style to it. it kind of spun into 'huh?' territory in the last 20 minutes though...

Where did you get it ?

The movie was not shown in the United Kingdom after director Larry Clark punched and attempted to strangle Hamish McAlpine, the head of the UK distributor for the film, Metro Tartan. Clark is alleged to have been angry over McAlpine's remarks about 9/11. Clark was arrested and spent several hours in custody, and McAlpine was left with a broken nose.

the guy who played ziggy sobotka is in it...although his willy isn't noticeably big in it, and i remember ziggy's was massive

Die_City_Cobra_-_Soundtrack_-_Front.jpg

This is not about a snake, but Stallone playing a cop called Cobretti. He does have a cobra on his gun though, probably not standard police issue. VERY 80s. I had that LP above on the mantlepiece for about a year.

three_the_hard_way.jpg

Whitey's planning on poisoning the water supply with something that affects only black people, Jims Brown and Kelly, Fred the Hammer Williamson have other ideas. Nice slow motion fighting and yelping from Jim Kelly.

40162903.jpg

Dolph is convicted of killing a cop, escapes and goes on the run (the run for comeuppance for the bad guys). Takes a while to get going, but it gets there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back