What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Ok not a movie, but 'breaking bad' is the best thing i've seen in a long time since bsg (battle star gallatica)

In the lighthouse ???

Yeah ...

after_hours_ver21.jpg

Do you know I think this is the only Scorcese movie I haven't seen. It's rarely on the box, and rarely turns up in "video" stores ... must try and track it down.

i tried to watch children of the living dead last night. i had to stop. now, i love a zombie movie as much as the next guy (assuming it's andrew) but this stretched my patience. had to turn it off, so bad was it. zombies do not heavy breathe.

i think i've seen all the good ones at this stage, haven't seen a good zombie movie in ages. any recommendations?

Not romeros''s last film any way (Survival of the Dead)
i get that impression alright, but i'll still watch it. i mean, watched diary of the dead. and land of the dead. i've seen it a heap of times now and i still have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Yeah looking forward to seeing the prophet.

Watched this to remind me of how much fun a good slice of Scorsese is

after_hours_ver21.jpg

Rosanna Arquette and Linda Fiorantino hornage, Marty throwing his camera around like a crazy person it's a joy to watch besides with all the random of dark events and freaky weirdo encounters it's like my twenties condensed into one night.

In the extras there's a story about how they were going to end the movie which they didn't do in the end, if they had it would have been brilliant, if spoiler was working I'd be able to explain, I think Terry Gilliam came up with it it's genius.

Great Film. Spill that alternate ending man.

whip-it-poster.jpg

A little stereotypical at parts but it was pretty enjoyable. The scene when she first rode the bus into Austin and saw all the "small town things she was leaving behind" like the bullies outside the shop, the was just stupid. When it happened I said to my sister "if she gets off the bus outside somewhere hip like a record store I'll go nuts". She gets off the bus outside a zany looking record store.

man_on_wire.jpg

Great. My stomach leapt into my throat a few times on the shots looking down from heights! And the main French guy (perhaps both of the main French guys, Philippe and Jean-Louis) are so fucking articulate in English. I always knew somebody did this wire-walk before but at no point did it actually strike me how fucking mental it was. Also, I must say I love the Michael Nyman soundtrack... and I hadn't much liked him previously.

Just watched Yes: Their Definitive Fully Authorized Story

Quiet good, but like a lot of their songs, it could be a bit shorter.

I watched Manic which would have been better with a tad less verite. I like that style normally but it was just.. like sometimes it actually distracted from the story and I felt like a lot was being lost merely due to a stylistic need for immediacy. There were also a lot of annoying bits, but some story lines were done really well, I thought. I loved Kenny, the kid who played him, Cody Lightning was really good.

711206.jpg

Then I watched New York I love You, only because I adorea Yvan Attal and assumed his piece at least would be watchable. It was all a big load of crap and I didn't enjoy any of them. Though the bit with Anton Yelchin in it was cute.

New%20York%20I%20Love%20You%20movie%20poster.jpg

Lastly, I finished with 'Ma Femme est une Actrice' which was delightful and restored my faith in Attal. Nom Nom Nom.

Ma_femme_est_une_actrice__59722.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back