What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

saw the white ribbon last night. what an odd little movie. absorbing, but ultimately fulfilling. don't really know what to think.
anyone want to help me overcome this movie-ennui?

followed that up with dead calm. no real hidden depths to that one.

also saw paranormal activity last weekend which is a decent scarer. i like the inevitability of it all, you know something is gonna happen every night, but some times it's quite subtle, or just creepy. five minutes in i thought it was going to be rubbish cos the principals are pretty bad, but it grabs the scare gonads. i suppose it had to. i mean, it's not as if a whole lot of thinking went into the "plot" or anything. as horrors go.... there haven't been many good ones lately... or has there? i mean, not poxy warewolves or vampires, actually scary movies. anyone?

Thought Shutter island was pretty bad. Some nice images and it got better towards the end but overall quite crap.

I saw it last night - I think I'll reserve judgement until I see it again. I never really see the value in Scorcsee's films until I've seen them a couple of times.

It is really beautifully shot but not in an Out of Africa kind of way.

Recorded this afternoon

82c25bd7e122656e88a7aed1d8ec9a1d_full.jpg

Absolute rubbish, but I always enjoy them. Very similar to at the earth's core, also enjoyable rubbish.

Both star Troy McClure or is it Doug McClure :)

watched dead calm last night.
theres some shots in that movie that would rival hitchcock or scorcese.
standout shot is where sam neil is rowing back to his boat. he's on the far left of the screen and on the far right is nicole kidman scrapping with billy zane. its all one shot and i love that sorta shit so thumbs up.
the bit with the flare gun in the head at the end is lolsome

Shutter Island - gotta agree with the general consensus here. It's not great. Disappointing ....

Jane loved Shutter Island.I on the other hand found it very annoying

yesterday i watched the following -

a serious man - brilliant. loved it. up there with the cohen's best
johnny mad dog - brutal and harrowing but great
mean streets - brilliant. a classic in every sense
king of comedy - see above

shutter island which was scorcese trying and failing to be hitchcock.

up which i thought was the strangest disney pixar movie ever. talking dogs made it for me. loved it.

shallow grave.... "CAMERON!!"

I watched "The Late Shift" yesterday. It was, unsurprisingly, garbage ...

51PiIFTd8EL._SL500.jpg

To redeem myself and to restore my faith in films I'm going to try to make time for The Conversation and A Streetcar Named Desire this week, neither of which I've seen before.

I watched "The Late Shift" yesterday. It was, unsurprisingly, garbage ...

51PiIFTd8EL._SL500.jpg

To redeem myself and to restore my faith in films I'm going to try to make time for The Conversation and A Streetcar Named Desire this week, neither of which I've seen before.

That looks horrendous.

You're in for a big treat with The Conversation.

Yeah looking forward to seeing the prophet.

Watched this to remind me of how much fun a good slice of Scorsese is

after_hours_ver21.jpg

Rosanna Arquette and Linda Fiorantino hornage, Marty throwing his camera around like a crazy person it's a joy to watch besides with all the random of dark events and freaky weirdo encounters it's like my twenties condensed into one night.

In the extras there's a story about how they were going to end the movie which they didn't do in the end, if they had it would have been brilliant, if spoiler was working I'd be able to explain, I think Terry Gilliam came up with it it's genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back