What movie did you watch last night? (33 Viewers)

Good to hear

I watched this for the umpteenth time

See Lee Remick's face in this poster? She does this throughout the movie until she finally dies...with this look on her face
the-omen-horror-movie-poster.jpg

tonyquad.jpg

Weird, very understated film about a serial killer in a London. Its depressing but noth without humor - its more like a slice of the killers life (obviously inspired by Dennis Nilsen) rather than a contained story...Worth watching..

I really enjoyed this.a great little movie.7+/10

I also saw Corpse Bride a few times over the weekend.The young wan watched it back to back a good few times so it gets a thumbs up from her.

View attachment 6197

stylish and occasionally impressive - but I got the impression that the directors have recently crossed into films from advertising because they didn't seem to always understand how best to pace the film and there are a couple of silly twists and last minute rescues that are very corny.

Ethan Hawke gets more hansome with age (whay is Gattica such an underrated film?)

Gattica isn't as underated as you'd think. It has that Velvet Underground appeal (didn't sell many records but anyone that did buy one started a band) except anyone who saw it got down to watching some adult sci fi I'd never have re-watched 2001 or Blade Runner (both of which I saw when I was way too young to fully get) or hunted out Solaris if I hadn't seen Gatticca.

I've heard it referenced by quite a few directors since as well though I can't think of any of them now. Possibly Duncan Jones director of Moon .

daybreakers.jpg

stylish and occasionally impressive - but I got the impression that the directors have recently crossed into films from advertising because they didn't seem to always understand how best to pace the film and there are a couple of silly twists and last minute rescues that are very corny.

Ethan Hawke gets more hansome with age (whay is Gattica such an underrated film?)

Gattica isn't as underated as you'd think. It has that Velvet Underground appeal (didn't sell many records but anyone that did buy one started a band) except anyone who saw it got down to watching some adult sci fi I'd never have re-watched 2001 or Blade Runner (both of which I saw when I was way too young to fully get) or hunted out Solaris if I hadn't seen Gatticca.

I've heard it referenced by quite a few directors since as well though I can't think of any of them now. Possibly Duncan Jones director of Moon .

Yeah perhaps you're right - it is well regarded, should be more popular though - I just watched it again lately and it's great.

Yeah I forgot that was him until I looked up the year it was made. Didn't mind him too much in I heart Huckabees because you're supposed to hate him so it worked because I do or Road to Perdition because he has practically no lines. Neither of those are particularly great films though.

trog.jpg

Quite dated(was made in 1970)and frankly silly in parts, however it's not a horror, more about the battle between science and religious bigotry.

The only movie were I actually liked Jude Law.

Ah now, he's good in the Talented Mr Ripley, Enemy at the Gates and Wilde (I guess).

He's also very good in Existenz and Sherlock Holmes but suffers from the fact that they're atrocious films

I saw Push.

bit convoluted but I liked the tone and the fact that they kept killing everyone without any conscience or thought for the censor.

probably would make a better television series

YES.

Someone out there reads thumped!

men_who_stare_at_goats.jpg

The Men Who Stare At Goats. This was a lot lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was a bit of a mess but was funny, entertaining. I was really curious how they were going to make a film out of the book as it is a rather slight thing but the film makers incorporated most of the more interesting stuff in the book in this film. McGregor's accent is a bid dodge.

This
tonyquad.jpg

Tony. If Mike Leigh did remake Henry Portrait of a serial Killer this is what you'd end up with.

It's slow and not much really goes on the poster/dvd cover is awful as it makes it look like it's a saw-esque effort which is misleading it's difficult but it has an accumulative effect which got right under my skin near the end. I was a little more creeped out by it's matter of factness than I would be by 50 sensationalised serial killer throw away flicks.

worth a look if your into this kind of film making (think dogma, Mike Leigh, american 1970s indie) and into serial killers. Not enjoyable. and the music by the the is rubbish.

200px-L%26H_Our_Relations_1936.jpg

First L&H I've watched in about 20 years.Really enjoyed it.Its a seriously convoluted story with the lads playing their long lost twin bros.....

One of thems fat and stupid and the other one is skinny and stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back