What movie did you watch last night? (28 Viewers)

affiche-logorama.jpg

Pretty damn great for only 17 minutes.

On Sunday night, I watched Harry Barnes. Micheal Caine stars as the eponymous hero, Dickie Grant. He zooms around a London council estate shooting kids, who have proved themselves to be evil. It is amazing to see Olivier in such sprightly form as the vengeance-crazed ex-marine Tommy Sunshine. He cleans up the neighbourhood while most pensioners can hardly clean up themselves! Burton shows that he is still the king of cool, and this edgy performance as aging vigilante Stanley Bunch can be seen as a shot across the boughs of young pretenders like Jude Law and Craig Charles. At a time when our senior citizens are too terrified to leave their own bathrooms, Moore's violent response to the murder of his chess buddy has never been more timely or inspiring.

On Sunday night, I watched Harry Barnes. Micheal Caine stars as the eponymous hero, Dickie Grant. He zooms around a London council estate shooting kids, who have proved themselves to be evil. It is amazing to see Olivier in such sprightly form as the vengeance-crazed ex-marine Tommy Sunshine. He cleans up the neighbourhood while most pensioners can hardly clean up themselves! Burton shows that he is still the king of cool, and this edgy performance as aging vigilante Stanley Bunch can be seen as a shot across the boughs of young pretenders like Jude Law and Craig Charles. At a time when our senior citizens are too terrified to leave their own bathrooms, Moore's violent response to the murder of his chess buddy has never been more timely or inspiring.

You really missed your calling.

Do you write this?
http://www.trentsadventures.com/

Late, but I finally got around to watching Moon. I haven't been so enthralled/impressed by a film in years. ;_; Sam Rockwell is a fucking rockstar.

moon_sam_rockwell1.jpg

watched invictus last night, good stuff (music pretty bodgy in places though) and then Up in the Intolerably Cruel Air in which george clooney is a lonely, cynical go-getter who finds love and pain and learns to feel again and as a result becomes unable to fulfill his corporate motivational speaking obligations. and some other stuff. it was ok.

corbijnControl.jpg

Control. Eh, I didn't really like it. It had its moments but I didn't really care about the character, his life. The wife was very good in it.

GoodfellasP.jpg

Savage.

capone.jpg

I saw Capone a couple of nights ago. It's a largely forgotten gangster bioflick from 1975. I think Gazzara was badly cast, especially as the young Capone. The sound was a bit muffled, it was on Sky Movies. There were scenes where I literally couldn't understand what was being said. A very fresh faced Sly Stallone is in this. I really don't know how he got into films, he was as wooden as Plank Kenny. It's not bad, but in a genre with so many excellent examples it pales. According to somebody on IMDB it was the first mainstream film with a "muff" shot.

00005214.jpg

Saw Perrier's Bounty in the Savoy last night.

Funny in bits but overall do we really need another film about an Irish guy who owes money to a gangster and gets in zany scrapes as he tries to pay it back?

No. Not really.

I saw Fanny & Alexander 'short' version.

Is the long version worth seeking out or is it just 3 more hours exposition of the same nonsense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back