What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

I STILL BELIEVE!!!!!!

cappello2.gif

last night i watched

AP.jpg

and for the second time in two days

eddie.jpg

i think i am obsessed

i like the way Michael Paré manages to fit smoking in bed into every movie he's in

Like Tom Cruise and running and John Travolta and dancing. I watched Year of the Dog. Bizarre film that made me slightly uncomfortable because there were too many similarities.

i think maybe it's what killed his career

he seemed to drop off the radar at the end of the 80's. right around the time that smoking got uncool

Like Tom Cruise and running and John Travolta and dancing. I watched Year of the Dog. Bizarre film that made me slightly uncomfortable because there were too many similarities.

Weren't you saying that you watched Superbad too? What did you think of that? I heard that you liked the phallus jokes.

Weren't you saying that you watched Superbad too? What did you think of that? I heard that you liked the phallus jokes.

Okay, so I watched it and I laughed a few times. Some of those drawings were brilliant. Not as bad as I imagined it to be but it wasn't good either. Best line, "So are you guys on myspace?"

watched lars and the real girl..Thought it was deadly..very sweet and nicely handled...The bit where he gives the teddy bear cpr melted my heart.

LittleChildrenMoviePoster.jpg

i've seen it a million times at this stage but it's such a tour de force i can never help myself. something i noticed about this viewing was the way sound was used. i'd remembered the clocks in ronnie's house but at the pool when he's being kicked out and it's all quiet save for the wailing of a baby - a really distressing noise.....then there's the scene where larry is reclaiming his car from the pound and the dog is barking incessently...

i dunno - just something i noticed this time. the use of somewhat 'irking' noises to punctuate different points throughout - it was kinda cool.

LittleChildrenMoviePoster.jpg

i've seen it a million times at this stage but it's such a tour de force i can never help myself. something i noticed about this viewing was the way sound was used. i'd remembered the clocks in ronnie's house but at the pool when he's being kicked out and it's all quiet save for the wailing of a baby - a really distressing noise.....then there's the scene where larry is reclaiming his car from the pound and the dog is barking incessently...

i dunno - just something i noticed this time. the use of somewhat 'irking' noises to punctuate different points throughout - it was kinda cool.

great film, very atmospheric and yeah i suppose the sounds have a lot to do with that. Music can be a very comforting thing (even as it's used to heighten tension or whatever) so the lack of if in certain places in Little Children really adds to the unease. can't say i had noticed the specifics before though. Very interesting.

Edit: anyone ever notice that Kate looks way better in the promo poster than in the actual film? not that she doesn't look great in the film too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back