What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

Amanda Knox: the Netflix documentary. Good overview of the court case, I can definitely see how she was found guilty initially, she came across as an unremorseful oddball. That Daily Mail journalist, what a dick.

Also re-watched it Follows. I think this film was overrated at the time of release. The first half is really good - great use of wide angle lenses a la Carpenter, autumnal suburban streets and a killer score. It really falls apart at the halfway point and the climax is shit.

Watched Mud again yesterday afternoon. Still holds up to a repeat viewing. The kids are great and I appreciated some of the minor characters a bit more too. Had forgotten that the great Sarah Paulson was in it
Yeah, it's an excellent flick that stands up to repeat viewings, as do all Jeff Nichols's films. Sarah Paulson is in my top 5 actors working today.

I watched My Scientology Movie. I loved it. It's a perfect mix of his Weird Weekends style and his more serious reportage of late. If you're a fan you'll love it, if you find him an insufferable git then it's not going to win you over.

my-scientology-movie-3.jpg

My Girl. I'd never seen it before. Paper thin characters portrayed with ridiculously wooden over-acting from almost everyone on screen. But then shit gets real and they 100% nail the grieving and the anger and the pain. A tough one for kids to watch.

Nah, that Ryan Gosling character didn't know what it wanted to be. The whole film was a mess. The quips between the two lads were useless and a total pandering to modern rubbish comedy films. 45 minutes too long, probably more.

poster-Kull.jpg

Epic fantasy thing with the guy who played Hercules and Tia Carrere. The main plot revolves around a struggle for the throne. There are supernatural forces at play including a weird sorcerer that has a cool non human henchman.
The soundtrack has some metal riffing during some of the action scenes which I thought seemed bizarrely out of place.
Overall a bit ridiculous kind of bad in a good way but fairly bad.

Captain Fantastic

Excellent drama, very funny . I think this might be my favorite film of the year so far. Hippy Hipsterism extremis ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back