What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

nlgbbbblth said:
best Nightmare sequel: III , used be II

In my head number 3 was my favourite for ages, until i watched it again after not seeing it in years, uugh.
Bought 2 ex-rental from my local videoshop last summer, still not gotten around to watching it.

Halloween 9 is on the way

Ed said:
In my head number 3 was my favourite for ages, until i watched it again after not seeing it in years, uugh.
Bought 2 ex-rental from my local videoshop last summer, still not gotten around to watching it.

Halloween 9 is on the way

picked up 3 from Gold-en Discs a few months back
€1 on VHS. They had a few

best Halloween sequel
torn between II, III, IV and H20

V and VI ain't up to it

Watch T3 tonight. Amazing of course, in a both hilarious and brilliant way. When you think about it, T3 is surprisingly good, and there are some amusing lines in it. It's weird, like half the film is really well made, and half of it is just funny, weird.

Anyway then I turned the cable on to find that Falling Down was on BBC1. Ironic considering that I was thinking about watching it before I stuck T3 on, but ohhh fuckin right. Total genius! Think about it!

i watched

226535.jpg

for the 4th time.

.|..|

rented 3 films over the weekend...am starting to get concerned that my taste is up my own hole...i'm hoping that the opposite is true, that in fact other people also don't think much of the films that are generally regarded as 'cinematic masterpieces', 'original comedies' etc..

the 3 films below got pretty good reviews by people, newspapers, review shows, etc. and I was looking forward to seeing all three films...boy was I disappointed. I don't think I have seen a good, as in consistenty good film, in a long time.

Sideways - crap, boring, self-indulgent, moany...the whole wine thing was amusing at first, but wore thin after the 400th reference about Carbonic maceration ande how good the semillon grape really is. some funny bits but i don't get all the hype.

Enduring Love - just faded...the psycho guy had around 3 lines he kept on repeating...there was no momentum in the film. not very good.

I heart huckabees - i like the idea, but the psychobabble dialogue was incoherent and sounded like it came straight from a Dr. Phil self-help book. Maybe it worked for an American "i have 2 shrinks" audience but I didn't buy it...it was as if i was trying to be too clever for it's own boots or something and failed.

Watched some brasilian film about guys in a prison. It relied a bit too much on charm, there was no story line so it had no direction, but it was by and large watchable. The camera work was fricken ace though, only thing is, and this is probably my own ignorance, but is there a rule somewhere that says "When filming in brazil, process the film with a mild green hue"? I like cross processing and all but damn, give it a rest.

La La said:
the book is even better....it's amazing. i think i'm now going to brace myself and read

36336705.jpg

is he the guy who cut off his own arm ?

another climbing related survival story worth reading is 'left for dead' by beck weathers. he survided the 96 Everest disaster after spending a night unconscious in the death zone...lost some fingers etc. but managed to crawl back to camp the next day...crazy story.

P. Littbarski said:
is he the guy who cut off his own arm ?

another climbing related survival story worth reading is 'left for dead' by beck weathers. he survided the 96 Everest disaster after spending a night unconscious in the death zone...lost some fingers etc. but managed to crawl back to camp the next day...crazy story.

yes, that's why he's posing with those pincers. he describes cutting through the tendons and all :eek:

i've been thinking of writing a bestseller for a while now. it seems to be pretty easy to do: try and climb a mountain, have something unimaginably horrible happen to you, avoid your inevitable demise, get back to safety somehow, and write a book.

who's coming with me?

i'd have to go with IV too for best Friday sequel.. that film could have been a million times better if the mask tommy jarvis is wearing to freak out his ma had of been his real head. rocky dennis vs. jason

best Nightmare sequel is without question II.. nightmare at the blue oyster!

I was going to watch friday the 13th last night but ended up watching old school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back