What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Her?

Melissa_George_-_Flickr_-_nick_step.jpg
yes

I found 'broken embraces' on my HD, i'd forgotten what it was. Really nice to re-watch. Gonna have to do a Pedro Almodóvar catchup as i like both of his flicks i've seen.

220px-Broken_Embraces.jpg

Also this: (RED DAWN - The 80's one)

red-dawn-220x300.jpg

I'd sort of forgotten about the cold war. You can pretty much see the whole plot from the front cover. I watch 'the outsiders' two nights ago and before the final rumble swayze actually fully vaults a fence taller than a man. In my eyes, he's not going to top that.

See:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a directors cut of the Outsiders, "the Complete Novel", that fairly wrecks the entire thing.

So there you go.

I watched two episodes of the BBC series Supernatural, from 1977. A guest is invited to tell a story each week with a view to joining The Club Of The Damned. Application for membership is judged on how scary the story is but if the story isn't scary enough the applicant dies.

I watched Countess Ilona and The Werewolf Reunion. A two-parter starring the amazing Billie Whitelaw. I wont go into the story, but she is incredible and if you like gothic horror shot on video in the 1970s you need to check it out.

Supernatural.jpg

I watched two episodes of the BBC series Supernatural, from 1977. A guest is invited to tell a story each week with a view to joining The Club Of The Damned. Application for membership is judged on how scary the story is but if the story isn't scary enough the applicant dies.

I watched Countess Ilona and The Werewolf Reunion. A two-parter starring the amazing Billie Whitelaw. I wont go into the story, but she is incredible and if you like gothic horror shot on video in the 1970s you need to check it out.

Supernatural.jpg
I only caught a couple of these when they were shown recently- I'd never heard of them before

I feel a box set purchase coming on

I saw Inherent Vice. Best film I've seen so far this year and I can't wait to see it again.

Saw this last week in a tiny intimate screen in London. I loved it although I didn't really know what the hell was going on, and found it slightly overlong.

Watched it again on Monday and it made way more sense and seemed to fly by!

Really enjoyed JP's performance and I fell in love with Shasta from the opening scene!

Saw this last week in a tiny intimate screen in London. I loved it although I didn't really know what the hell was going on, and found it slightly overlong.

Really enjoyed JP's performance and I fell in love with Shasta from the opening scene!
Having loved PTA's first 4 features I was left cold by the two critical smashes that followed, particularly There Will Be Blood, which for me has got to be the most overrated movie of all time. Should I bother with this new one do you think?

The Rio?

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to catching it again. I wish I hadn't left it so late to see it in the cinema. I found it laugh out loud funny in parts. Prompted me to check some Pynchon, so I started into V last night. Really funny. Just my type of humour I think

Having loved PTA's first 4 features I was left cold by the two critical smashes that followed, particularly There Will Be Blood, which for me has got to be the most overrated movie of all time. Should I bother with this new one do you think?

I honestly couldn't compare it to his other films because, to be honest, I'm not that familiar with them. Sorry dude! On a purely "lad" level, it's worth watching for Joanna Newsome and Katherine Waterston alone. And Joaquin Phoenix is hilarious in it too. Worth a watch!

The Rio?

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to catching it again. I wish I hadn't left it so late to see it in the cinema. I found it laugh out loud funny in parts. Prompted me to check some Pynchon, so I started into V last night. Really funny. Just my type of humour I think

Nope, it was actually in a tiny screen with like 4 rows of seats in the Empire on Leicester Square.

I'd definitely recommend watching it a second time. Lets you focus more on the film as a whole instead of focusing on trying to work out all the connections, twists etc.

Inherent Vice was fucking RUBBISH

Sorry everyone else in the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back