What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Chinatown - IMDB slightly over-rate this one. A man hits a woman, twice, for no reason.

chinatown_ver3_xlg.jpg

Only angels have wings

nice dialogue, as good a plot as can be expected from that era.
Special fx are better than CGI IMHO. Sinister guy is sinister. Cary Grant, what a ham.

filmsonlyangelshavewingsposter.jpg

Blue Ruin - was a bit disappointed by this one given the positive reviews, it builds up in an intriguing way and then plays out as a fairly standard revenge story (albeit with an amusingly mild-mannered and unprepared protagonist). It is filmed in a nicely atmospheric way though..

Great poster. Not one of his best movies though if I recall

He can be mad poetic and really have beautiful things happening and then all of a sudden we are in the fast show and a lady is saying 'scorchio'. I'd agree its not his best. Second watch was better than first one though.

Black Sea – quality genre pic with a superb cast of character actors. Michael Smiley and Ben Mendelsohn make it worth the entrance fee alone.

Serena – terrible adaptation of a very good book. Woefully miscast, wooden, cheesy and unintentionally funny. This went off after 15 minutes.

Blood Diamond – Good performances and some well constructed action scenes.

Blue Ruin - was a bit disappointed by this one given the positive reviews, it builds up in an intriguing way and then plays out as a fairly standard revenge story (albeit with an amusingly mild-mannered and unprepared protagonist). It is filmed in a nicely atmospheric way though..
I found this boring. Couldn’t even remember what happened 10 minutes after leaving the cinema. Didn’t get why everyone was raving about it.

Guardians Of The Galaxy
This looked great, opening few minutes were like a class sci-fi novel cover come to life. CGI has really come into its own with the mainly CGI characters feeling a lot more real than any previous attempts I've seen.

It was funny, in parts, although some of the intended humour fell flat. I found they used "bullet-time" style scenes too much, do these things look deadly in 3D as at home they felt lacklustre?

As for story, some of it just didn't really make sense, and overall it felt like there was something missing. The classic pop/rock soundtrack I found kinda irritating in particular.

He can be mad poetic and really have beautiful things happening and then all of a sudden we are in the fast show and a lady is saying 'scorchio'. I'd agree its not his best. Second watch was better than first one though.
Don't get me wrong, it's still good. Only he has better.

Last night Citizenfour
citizenfour.jpg

Nicely restrained. But for all the lack of sensationalizing, fascinating all the same.

Saw The Duke of Burgundy - pretty boring though it has a really nice soundtrack.
Also saw It Follows - which I thought was great and it also has a great soundtrack.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:rolleyes:

Haven't seen this film, must check it. What's the name of that King Crimson song?
I'm pretty ambivalent about Gallo though I recently saw Essential Killing, which was fucking brilliant!

"Alexander and his family have a bad day" or something like that, can't remember exactly what it's called. Disney film with Steve Carrell and family having a bad day. It was good fun, we watched is when we were all having a bad day, cheered us up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back