What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

spiritualtramp said:
a great film.

it is certainly the most accurate making of a book into a film I have ever seen.

it rather annoys me when a book is made into a film and they totally change it.
happens most of the time, if not all
usually lots of things are left out
e.g. Trainspotting

a four hour film should have been made featuring all events from the book

er, saw um, saw yesterday afternoon. so bad its good. the seen with the foot amputation is so funny, it had me laughing out loud. it suffers the same problem as fear.com, there are some good ideas there but there ruined by a director who doesn't know how to properly use them. and a cack script. it gets 3 rock toilots.|..| !bog .|..| !bog .|..| !bog

nlgbbbblth said:
happens most of the time, if not all
usually lots of things are left out
e.g. Trainspotting

a four hour film should have been made featuring all events from the book
not having read trainspotting, but those short stories of his I can't judge
on that one, but watched the most disgusting three short
films made from his stories,which were too acurate and depressing for my
liking. Bit too Bret-Easton Ellis for the lower classes in that not one of the characters is in anyway endearing or likeable.

sarah said:
not having read trainspotting, but those short stories of his I can't judge
on that one, but watched the most disgusting three short
films made from his stories,which were too acurate and depressing for my
liking. Bit too Bret-Easton Ellis for the lower classes in that not one of the characters is in anyway endearing or likeable.

do you mean the acid house?

I think Marabou Stork Nightmares is his most disturbing book. not happy reading at all. bleurrgh.

acid house, that's the one,
after that I got fed up of his style, and the characters,
don't think I'd bother picking up another one of his
books any time soon.

I also, coincidentally, watched THEM!...it were a bit disappointing really; I mean I knew it was going to be shit but it wasn't quite the kind of shit I was expecting. Ah well. Mainly cos the ants were wayyyyy worse than I thought they'd be.

i watched Clean Shaven, twas excellent stuff.

then i watched NIghtmare On Elm St Part 2. possibly the most homosexual movie i've ever seen.

Watched 'Big fish' last night. good film. Dragged out a bit though.

I saw The Running man on Friday night. Originally a book written by Stephen King under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. It was written in the 80's or 70's about a horrific fantasy future (early 2000's or something). watching it, it seemed more like a prophecy considering how many parallels there were in with the present day! For instance in The Running man 'The Media' was omnipresent and corrupt and dictated what the public knows and sees. Also the story is based on a over-the-top reality show, which seems to be the course tv is taking

Alan Remorse said:
i watched Clean Shaven, twas excellent stuff.

then i watched NIghtmare On Elm St Part 2. possibly the most homosexual movie i've ever seen.
man, the bit with the tin whistle

pop!

hahahaha
it is one of the better elm street sequels, for total 'what da fuck' factor

got me some nasties from visual pain heading my way
i didn't think i'd have the stomach for aftermath though

george mcfly said:
man, the bit with the tin whistle

pop!

hahahaha
it is one of the better elm street sequels, for total 'what da fuck' factor

got me some nasties from visual pain heading my way
i didn't think i'd have the stomach for aftermath though
yeah, aftermath is pretty insane... just got a book called "eaten alive" whihc is all about the italian cannibal/zombie craze, some pretty interesting movies in it that i've never heard of before. i gotta get me "the beast in heat"!!!!

my fave elm st sequel is 4 i think, before it got very unwholesome with Freddy's Dead, and Freddy started appearing in rap videos.

avernus said:
yeah its total pants. yer wan is pretty cute though..if a little retarded in it.
and the special effects are just shite. maybe they'd be passable in a video game, but in a movie? gimme a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back