What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

I watched American Splendor last night. actually, I watched it twice in a row as I thought it was so fantastic.

I think I will be ordering a lot of comics as a result of watching this film.

spiritualtramp said:
I watched American Splendor last night. actually, I watched it twice in a row as I thought it was so fantastic.

I think I will be ordering a lot of comics as a result of watching this film.
its brilliant, isnt it? i have loads of the comics. They're really funny, but also strangely poignant.

what a great film.

good films I watched in the last while:

The Station Agent - fabtastic. have to buy it.
Collateral - excessive violence, woo!!
True Romance - had never seen it before, so good! pity Chris Walken is in it for only 10 minutes.

Alan Remorse said:
i have loads of the comics. They're really funny, but also strangely poignant.

the poignant factor is what I want to get them for.

I was looking at the anthologies on amazon.uk - do you have any idea which I should get or are they all fab?

Cormcolash said:
RTE 2 tonight - Predator, followed by Alien.

What a fucking line-up!
see the documentary of AvsP afterwards, hosted by Lance Henrickson?

must say the flying face huggers are rather cack

Alan Remorse said:
see the documentary of AvsP afterwards, hosted by Lance Henrickson?

must say the flying face huggers are rather cack
i fear this new movie may ruin a perfectly good video game forever.

just watched Late Night Trains a.k.a. Night Train Murders [1975] directed by Aldo Lado. VHS copy with Arabic subtitles.

"Margaret Hoffenbach (Irene Miracle – Inferno) and Italian exchange exchange student Lisa Stradi (Laura D'Angelo) have become firm friends, so much so that the pair are to spend Christmas with the latter's parents (Enrico Maria Salerno – The Bird with the Crystal Plumage – and Marina Berti) in Italy.

Deciding to take the train from Munich the pair soon encounter a couple of good for nothings , Blackie (Flavio Bucci – Suspiria) and Curly (Gianfranco Di Grassi) whom we've already see mug a Santa Claus in the shopping mall.

Margaret and Lisa are spared the two men's worst excesses for now however, with Blackie raping another unidentified passenger (Macha Meril – Deep Red) whose response to the assault is worryingly unpredictable… "

Very similar to Last House On The Left: - rape, humilation, violation by flick-knife and random old man passenger, death and finally revenge by victim's parents who end up a shadow of their former selves.

It is better in many ways. The train setting makes it very claustrophobic and there's a grim and dark tone to it. Good Argento associated cast. Ennio Morricone does the score and there's a wonderfully inappropriate Demis Roussos song over the main credits

last night i nearly went to see AvP, but got lazy and rented out The Eye instead. it was quite good, not as scary as i expected like. i am so going to see AvP this week though - i don't care how crap it is, it'll have wuvly aliens in it :)

spiritualtramp said:
went to see Chaos in the cinema. not what I was expecting and not very good.
the hideo nakata (of ringu fame) film yeah? saw that during the cork film fest too. fucking awful.

ddmurph said:
the hideo nakata (of ringu fame) film yeah? saw that during the cork film fest too. fucking awful.

yep, thats the one.

despite the fact that it was all over the place I managed to follow it. still thought it was terrible though.

and I thought the translation wasn't too hot.

spiritualtramp said:
yep, thats the one.

despite the fact that it was all over the place I managed to follow it. still thought it was terrible though.

and I thought the translation wasn't too hot.
yeah, that movie sucked alright. i was so pissed off that i announced "that was complete bollocks" really loudly at the end, much to the apparent annoyance of those around me...

sorry, i didnt see your post bout american splendor...

Definitely Our Cancer Year is the best in that department, but i presume you're ordering that on the strength of the movie alone... also "Bob And Herv's Comics" are pretty good... basically any of the American Splendor anthologies should do you... i have the comics seperately as opposed to in an anthology. but definitely check out bob and herv's comics.

watched halloween 3 last night. i hadnt seen it in about 8 years, and i'd forgotten how painfully bad it is. really, i hate this movie with every fibre of my body. how could they make a virtually Myers free halloween movie?! and what's with all the paddywhackery? terrible, terrible movie.

halfway through watching hellraiser now (just got the boxset), have it paused while making coffee. one of the best movies ever.

heh - we put it on for about five minutes, and then went 'hang on, why are we watching con air?'
there's nothing on tonight but :(

Cormcolash said:
Haha Con Air is on right now. "Oi'll kill da fucker meself!" Colm Meaney is amazing as always in it!
Colm Meaney's finest hour is still, and will always be, the start of an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 when he uttered the immortal line:

"Ahhhh.... BOLLOCKS!"

saw bubba ho-tep. good shit. also saw the end of trancers (3-deth lives) i think it was called. thats a spoof right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back