What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Reservoir-Dogs.jpg

Reservoir dogs. In the lighthouse. Held up well. 10fucks/10.

The-Girl-Who-Kicked-the-Hornets-Nest-UK-Poster.jpg

And that's the lot

I really liked this series. But is that really how courts operate in Sweden? Did they use the old Perry Mason TV show as a template?

134_box_348x490.jpg

Fantastic. Amazing cinematography, stop motion animation, prosthetics make-up etc. Banned in the US and elsewhere for its disturbing depictions of torture, sex and demonic sacrifices. The torture of the old woman is pretty gruelling, the black mass and witches flying sequences are amazing.
The DVD I have has the original Danish version and the re=edited English version narrated by William Burroughs

The tone is odd, alternating between horror at the cruel treatment of women through the ages and patronising them as hysterics, with the occasional joke here and there

I think the whole thing is on youtube..I recommend checking it out

Speaking of torturing witches etc.

Berberian Sound Studio - vg. Though obviously many vegetables were unnecessarily harmed in the making of this film.

Kill list.

Interesting English film, crossing between horror and violent thriller. Worth a look if it's on tv again. 6.8/10

Watched 'Knowing' out of sheer bloody mindedness. It was even more preposterous and awful than I could have imagined. And did Nicholas Cage even have a character to play?

Haxen was such a cool film - not watched the Burroughs version though.

Finally saw The Hobbit:

I really didn't expect to like it that much and I was very pleasantly suprised. I really enjoyed the film.

SOme things though:

The things they added - the Nature Wizard guy and all the back stories I found a bit distracting and took away from the original plot.

It felt a bit like a LOTR prequel rather than a fun adventure story.

The mixture of serious and humorous tones was a bit jarring (though not terrible).

Gollum looked amazing - Martin Freeman was great as usual.

I am a bit undecided about adding the Pale Orc character to the plot - I'd prefer if it stuck to the book but I guess if they split it into parts it gave it gave part one some closure.

It seemed according to this film that Orcs and Goblins were separate races but I remember Tolkien using the term interchangeability.

Watched Prince of Darkness by John Carpenter. Donald Pleasance puts in a great performance as priest whose lifelong beliefs are shattered. Basically its an SF/Horror thriller. Strange cylinder discovered in basement of old church. What does it contain? A liquidised Hulk? A collection of scientists and students gather together to help the priest reveal the answer. Worth watching, 7/10.

Prince Of Darkness was the first film I saw in the cinema after they brought in the smoking ban (yes! You used to be able to smoke in cinemas). I thought it was terrifying but that could have been just having to stay off the fags for an hour and a half.

The-Woods-2006-550x780.jpg

Mostly watched beause Bruce Campbell, and on a slightly less frenzied note, Patricia Clarkson. Its pretty hackneyed and doesn't do anything unique, which doesn't normally bother me, but it was also a bit boring, which does.

Meh, pretty much. Evil girl genre boarding school movies, I need a good one... I NEED A GOOD ONE.

Prince Of Darkness was the first film I saw in the cinema after they brought in the smoking ban (yes! You used to be able to smoke in cinemas). I thought it was terrifying but that could have been just having to stay off the fags for an hour and a half.

Yeah, I've been off the fags for almost 7 years but I felt the need to smoke after POD. I'll stand well back from mirrors in the future; I really don't think I need to shave today.

220px-Prince_of_darkness.jpg

Re-watched The Dark Knight Rises. It's flaws seemed a lot more obvious on the small screen.

The editing is particularly dismal. The first half in particular seems like it was hacked up just to get through the story as quick as possible.

The other thing that was more noticable to me was the choreography of the fight scenes. So many wide shots of the fight scenes made it quite obvious that there were loads of actors just standing around waiting to make their choreographed moves. Maybe it was a homage to the cheesy tv show, I dunno.

Some of the plotholes were also particularly noticable, even for a superhero movie. Definitely the worst of Nolan's movies. An enjoyable enough flick but a bit of a wasted opportunity.

JUst watched The Impossible. It's ok. The tsunami scenes are very well done, pretty terrifying actually. The sentimental tone grates and the perfect movie family that don't exist in real life annoy but Naomi Watts is great as usual. Fierce horn for her I have. Fierce. I was hoping the tsunami would wash all her clothes off : (
the-impossible-poster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back