What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Watched Knocked Up for the 3rd or 4th time yesterday- still highly amusing.

Recorded Moon last night - looking forward to watching it tonight and avoiding the dire NY's Eve tv schedule.

moon_movie.jpg

Flight with Denzel Washington as an alcoholic pilot under investigation for a plane crash. Directed by Robert Zemekis. Denzel is his usual great self but the addiction part of the story is pretty terrible. Zemekis throws in every cliche in the book - Stones songs on the soundtrack, zoom cuts when people are taking coke, implausibly attractive junkies, Washington brooding and drinking scotch straight from the bottle. I doubt Zemekis has ever been around a person on drugs in his life.

Just watched Grabbers. Sort of like a booze soaked Irish Tremors. Great fun. Recommended.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just watched Grabbers. Sort of like a booze soaked Irish Tremors. Great fun. Recommended.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This put me in the mood for a creature feature so i watched Cloverfield. Still excellent.

Who was it that said, "Men don't pay to be with women, they pay for them to leave"... or something like that? I had no problems connecting the possible dots that made it gripping. That dinner scene alone explained so damn much. I think I need to rent this again. Or maybe I don't because it depressed the hell out of me.

I heard Charlie Sheen and Heidi Fliess say that. I was kind of joking at the end there. I get what your saying though.

I didn't mind connecting the dots it's just that I never felt that I actually wanted to because there's very little about the main characters I wanted to engage with.

protectedimage_php.jpeg

Ha, amazing film. Also the most incredible cast I've ever come across.

Most noteworthy actor, however:

51okyx.jpg

Iron Man II

220px-Iron_Man_2_poster.jpg

Without wanting to give away the entire plot, no actually I don't care fuck it there are no good reasons to see this film so fuck it. Basically Tony Stark is dying from radiation poisoning , sure who'd have thought having a small power station in your chest would have caused that ? well mr smartest person on the planet ? lack of forward thinking on your part now wasn't it ? and so facing death squarely in the face what does a narcissist do ? well whatever the fuck he wants actually. no matter how stupid or how much it derails the film Tony Stark is going to just do stupid shit because hey that'll be fucking gas. Well it's not gas it's fucking stupid. Remember that character arc from the first film where the billionaire playboy arms dealer had to live in a cave for a while and gained some insight into the arms trade society at large and humanty it's self ? yeah you do ? Well now he's dying and facing death for a second time returns to being a spoilt little shit. Of course he's in The Avengers so yeah you guessed it he doesn't die and how does he escape death ? Well the director of the Avengers project just turns up and goes here we need you for the sequel/off shoot film so here's what you're looking for. Genius!!!! really amazing.

Iron Man drops the ball more than a Kerry minor hurler (if such a thing exists). Stark seems to be off his meds and if you look carefully you can almost see Robert Downey jr grimacing as the characters behavior mirrors his own recent past in a way that he has no ambition to relive. As a result of the impending death scenario Stark is joyless and the film becomes that too. Gwenyth Palthrow is the only person here who seems to have bothered for any continuity from the first movie. Mickey Rourke is phoning it in as the bad guy. Scarlet Johansson manages to give the iron man suit a run for it's money as to which is more robotic, And just what the fuck are Sam Rockwell and Don Cheadle doing in here ? at one point Rockwell looks like he's about to break into a bad Elvis impression during a senate hearing. Yup it's that sort of ridiculous. The action is pretty standard no set pieces really stand out and there aren't that many in here to begin with in between them you get Stark being a prick and Rourke mumbling so by the time the "epic" conclusion arrives it's fair to say I couldn't have given two fucks who won. When the end does arrive you've got an army of drones and three lads in iron suits exchanging wise cracks there's no sense that anyone is actually really in any physical peril since the suits can seemingly survive an apocalypse and as a result the finale is about as dramatic as watching three cunts playing halo.

Avoid. Especially if you wake up at 3A.M can't sleep and realise you've seen everything available on netflix

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back