What movie did you watch last night? (54 Viewers)

936full-downhill-racer-poster.jpg

Interesting character study. All downhill from here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Killer_Joe_Poster.jpg

Some great performances in this. Quite fucked up in many ways

Not sure about that ending...but much better than I expected

Twas Lilja 4-Ever yes, thanks Jill! My little picture disappeard. I'm going to watch another Lukas Moodysson fim later, Fucking Amal, which I'm told is uplifting make me angry.

It's good but Together, is way better and even more uplifting. Critics may disagree but I think it's a shame he's now distancing himself from his early beginnings and only makes movies that are punishingly difficult to watch.

Last night Evil Dead. Classic

It's good but Together, is way better and even more uplifting. Critics may disagree but I think it's a shame he's now distancing himself from his early beginnings and only makes movies that are punishingly difficult to watch.

Last night Evil Dead. Classic

I'll see if I can get my hands on Together. Really enjoyed Fucking Amal, in a nice painful teeangery kind of way.

Room 237. I'm baffled and a little annoyed about all of the superlatives being bandied around for this. It's a load of film theory buff some of which is utterly laughable. People with too much time on their hands reading way too much into supposedly subliminal material. Sure, Kubrick is well known for putting in elements to offset the viewer and pose little questions, but this goes waaaay beyond that. Everything from simple patterns to perposterious anagrams are given far too much screen time. The Moon landing footage conspiracy is pretty daft but the guy who makes us watch about 10 minutes of an overlay of the film being played backwards on top of the original, and marvelling at the synchronicity took the biscuit.

Well edited musing for about half an hour and, the rest of the film is tedious and not worth seeing. Just enjoy the original and let the nerds pick it apart on their own.

Halloween II is very enjoyable. Edgy hospital scenes are effective.

I watched this for the first time last night. But it was so familiar as I remembered the whole thing from my sister retelling it to me scene by scene 31 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back