What movie did you watch last night? (36 Viewers)

mp_blackswan.jpg

BLACK SWAN. Other than the lack of funky music, afros, pimps and the usual stuff you get a film has black in the title, this wasn't bad at all.

atc.jpg

AB TAK CHHAPPAN. Indian film about cops who do two things. When they have information, they kill criminals. When they don't, they kill time. The high ranking cops may or may not be up to no good.

This definitely show its budget, things like firing a gun towards the camera and no flash when it shoots are a bit off-putting. I did like the way the main cop and the main gangster spend half the film on the phone calling each other assholes.

spun.jpg

Three days of epic drug binging become a meth-induced odyssey for college drop out Ross when he becomes the local Crystal Meth cook's personal driver in exchange for free drugs. Bouncing from one bizarre situation to another, Ross slowly slips deeper and deeper into the crazy anonymous world of speed freaks in which there exists no boundaries or morality. With an all star cast including Brittany Murphy, Jason Schwartzman, John Leguizamo, Patrick Fugit, Mena Suvari, and an unfortunate green dog, get ready to see the city through eyes that can't sleep. It's spun.

Watched ths for about the 4 or 5th time - still as enjoyable as the first time..

ip_man2_m.jpg

IP MAN 2, or Donnie Yen's Rocky IV. Not quite as good as the first one but still pretty good.

enew8xvf53o72zoebzqd.jpg

CLASH. Solid Vietnamese action film. Whoever cut this for DVD could have left it in it's original ratio, there's a few times people seem to get kicked by disembodied legs coming from he side of the screen.

Ebola-Syndrome.jpg

EBOLA SYNDROME. In which Anthony Wong is a sleazy and despicable bastard running around raping, killing and spreading ebola.

220px-A_Bullet_for_the_General.jpg

A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL. Wasn't gone on this. Could have done with more Kinski, and Kinski not dubbed with someone else's voice at that.

ride_the_high_country_poster.jpg

RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY. A Sam fucking Peckinpah film with Joel McCrea hired to transport some gold and Randolph Scott with notions of transporting it elsewhere. This is good stuff.

Ann Post - you need to see this one too:

TheRiseandFallofIdiAmin.jpg

I have an old exrental VHS of it somewhere..

That film is meant to be fucking amazing, in a completely hilarious kind of way

I checked it out - it is magnificently awful.

any recommends for flicks to fill out the weekend would be great. i seem to have the flu or something.

I'm fluish and movie watching as well, unfortunately I don't think you'd enjoy my choice of 'Sixteen Candles'.

Yesterday and earlier this evening:
martyrs_medium.jpg

Martyrs. tough going. excellent. 8/10
hitcher.jpg

The Hitcher (1986 version with Rutger Hauer)
Brilliant, thoroughly engaging 9/10
thewayofthegun.jpg

The way of the gun.
Story about two small time crook's who kidnap the pregnant surrugate mom to a very powerfull gangster. Sure mentioned it before, here. 8/10.

5_submarine-film-tie-in-cover.jpg

I had expectations for this so I was alittle dissapointed. That being said its still a very funny/sad coming of age film. The 2 biggest reasons I wanted to see it, Noah Taylor and Paddy C did not dissapoint. Reminded me a little of Rushmore. Worth seeing especially for marine biologists and pyromaniacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back