What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

Got it.

Thanks.

I was at the one they did here.
They're putting a lot of effort into it. Comes off a little odd.

yeah i know what you mean. secret cinema do similar stuff but they really go all out with props and sets and using professional actors. they had camels walking around alexandra palace at a screening of lawrence of arabia. tickets for those cost a fortune though. http://www.secretcinema.org/

Inside_Job_1.jpg

Fascinating documentary about how and why everyone is fucked.

Few gripes though

1. Almost everyone who's in it is basically saying "bankers are a bunch of fuck wits" and the most interesting folks (the ones who fucked us all) unsurprisingly do not give interviews so it's one side pointing out that the other side are complete cunts which is fair enough

except

2. When they finally do get to lay the blame on someone they go at it fairly heavy handedly (Louis Therroux can get away with this cos he's charming everyone else just isn't) although they do deserve it ( for being utter knobs) they're really not the ones you want to get mauled in public.

3. It has the single worst last few frames in cinematic history.

Still it's engaging, fast paced, gives the audience credit for having some intelligence and is occasionally (unintentionally- you'll know what I mean when you see it) absolutely hilarious. worth a look on DVD (for the sake of re-watching a few scenes to keep up, as some of it rips along so quick that I for one found it hard to keep up with the who's who of fucking douchebags) for certain but probably not totally worth €9. Especially since the last few frames make you vomit in your mouth.

Inside_Job_1.jpg

Fascinating documentary about how and why everyone is fucked.

Few gripes though

1. Almost everyone who's in it is basically saying "bankers are a bunch of fuck wits" and the most interesting folks (the ones who fucked us all) unsurprisingly do not give interviews so it's one side pointing out that the other side are complete cunts which is fair enough

except

2. When they finally do get to lay the blame on someone they go at it fairly heavy handedly (Louis Therroux can get away with this cos he's charming everyone else just isn't) although they do deserve it ( for being utter knobs) they're really not the ones you want to get mauled in public.

3. It has the single worst last few frames in cinematic history.

Still it's engaging, fast paced, gives the audience credit for having some intelligence and is occasionally (unintentionally- you'll know what I mean when you see it) absolutely hilarious. worth a look on DVD (for the sake of re-watching a few scenes to keep up, as some of it rips along so quick that I for one found it hard to keep up with the who's who of fucking douchebags) for certain but probably not totally worth €9. Especially since the last few frames make you vomit in your mouth.

Sorry. Picture failed.

Inside Job
inside-job-top.jpg

Inside Job
inside-job-top.jpg

saw this last Thursday, i may be being over emotional, but i think it could be the most important film of the last 20 years. it was brilliant. put me in a bad mood for the rest of the night mind trying to get my head around it and figure out how to cope in such a world.

(basically it came down to figuring that our friends from the film do not understand the likes of love, art or nature and instead fill the void in their souls by listening to Simply Red and visiting over priced prozzies.)

"Jack Black is overweight but that's ok because he finds solace inside himself and people like his personality or whatever"

I don't mind these things having generic storylines as long as they do something with it but it didn't even try...

"Jack Black is overweight but that's ok because he finds solace inside himself and people like his personality or whatever"

I don't mind these things having generic storylines as long as they do something with it but it didn't even try...

There was a trailer on for the second one at the movies this weekend.

I had a movie marathon yesterday and managed to watch:
The Piano Teacher - v good
Cry Baby - Seen it a milion times, still love it
Benny and Joon - lovely
Clueless - same re:cry baby

A little bit girly in the end

Paul. Very low-key compared to their other outings, intermittently amusing and plenty of fan boy references. Having Kristen Wiig along helped it for me.

Rango. Unusual and amusing. Top notch animation and a few good laughs.

Adjustment Bureau. Played up the romantic angle more than the Dark City/brainwashing/switcheroo one, which was fine. Cinema was full of women.
If you can buy Blunt and Damon falling for each other, you'll probably like this.

I also watched the director's cut of Leon and loved it all over again.

446px-love_exposure_poster.jpg

LOVE EXPOSURE. 4 hour love story covering such things as religion, family, Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion, three section staffs and upskirt photography. Really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back