What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

its-a-wonderful-life-DVDcover.jpg

A) Bad guy doesn't even get his comeuppance

B) No one ages except George Bailey

C) "The Navy flew us up here" WTF? the Air Navy??

D) Not nearly enough floozies

E) Yeah, amazing.

dead_heat.jpg

Zombie cops and Vincent Price. A bit too much of the things that people who made films thought people thought were funny in the 80s.

affiche_Police_Story_1985.jpg

This is a good story about police. More broken glass than every Seagal film combined.

729-a286b7e8388bcd5d185e4413775cf1aa.jpg

aka Salute of the Jugger. One of your post apocalyptic scenarios where people play some sport that involves beating the living shit out of each other. It also has Delroy Lindo with a Chris Eubank haircut and the Toecutter from Mad Max.

First%20Strike%20%281996%29.gif

In which Jackie Chan finds some music left over from an 80s Bond film and makes a film using it. He was so proud of it, he put his name on it. Highlight is the scene where he's fighting some dudes while jumping through a ladder.

220px-DrunkenMasterMoviePoster.jpg

Drunken Master. This is the shit. Jackie Chan learns how to improve his kung fu by drinking.
Also, DVD has this here kicking showcase with Mr. Hwang Jang Lee, in which he does that kick two people jump thing and kick another guy before he lands.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DEADBEAT+AT+DAWN+-+silverferox+graphic+art+%25287%2529.jpg

This is pretty good. Gratuitous use of nunchuks, which I always approve of. Also one of those scenes where a henchman is explaining how he hates everything. Those are always good.

Deadbeat at Dawn is one of my fave films ever....Jim VanBebber is the biggest thing that never happened in horror/exploitation.

The_Warriors_Way_Poster.jpg

A Korean guy pretending to be Chinese while practising Japanese swordplay defends a town of Carnyfolk in this surreal version of 7(-6) Samurai.

Kinda entertaining if you've nothing to watch..Danny Huston is a pretty good bag guy. Ti Lung also has a small part. Prolly would have enjoyed it more if i brought some Druids.

Mid section dragged a fair bit (some people can't seem to understand that it's better to have a good 75 minute film than a bloated 100 min one), but there was enough over-stylised nonsense in this that I did like. Kind of reminded me of Torque.

cos we (well I) mentioned it during the week I went and downloaded this, watched it for the first time in years

%21B9HiSZg%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqV,%21i0EzNqw7wFPBM422tJS3g%7E%7E0_3.JPG

Still great, makes John Hughes's films look coherent though. Loads of stuff in it you'd never get away with these days

I've always meant to see that flick, my only knowledge of it comes from the Manics and their version of Damn Dog.

Anyways I recorded this on Sunday night and only got around to watching it yesterday

3700173219304.jpg

Such an amazing film, Mamet's direction and writing is top notch and the final scene blew my mind although it took a while for me not to picture Fat Tony everytime Mantenga speaks! Also it was good to see William H Macy being a badass mofo as he's usually playing some weak willed character or other....

replacement_killers.jpg

In which Antoine Fuqua pretends to be from Hong Kong, even going as far as getting Chow Yun Fat in to do his sideways jumping shooting thing. Never quite really clicks though, but Chow Yun Fat is always good.

running-out-of-time-2-47359.jpg

Much like the first Running Out of Time, except instead of a dude with three days to live there's a dude who wants to stop a merger going through or make it happen or something. Anyway, I never quite figured it out, but the dude had some motivation for pulling robberies and fucking around with the cops in a highly entertaining fashion.

21-1.jpg

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Gary Busey and Yaphet Kotto in Mad Max meets High Noon. All kinds of amazingness. Crack dealing motorcycle gang kill Busey's wife, he gets revenge.

Eye of the Tiger is played three times, but no mention of eyes or tigers in the film.

Unfortunately not. Only thing stopping that from being on a par with Stone Cold is the lack of a decent bad guy. It just has dudes who vaguely resemble dudes who were in Mad Max.

muppet_christmas_carol.jpg

Michael Caine as Scrooge. Muppets as pretty much everyone else. Beaker gives Michael Caine the finger.

tronmini.jpg

Silly quasi-religious allegory, very dated effects.

tron_legacy.jpg

Less silly religious nonsense, better effects. Looks nice.

the_american_poster-535x824.jpg

I enjoyed it.
I can see how a certain type of moviegoer would absolutely hate it.

Can anyone help me with a question:
in Roger Ebert's review he says that at one point in the film Mr. Butterfly is said by the wrong person and that fact completely turns the plot around.
I don't get it

The client calls him Mr. Butterfly because of the incident with the butterfly
The prostitute calls him Mr. Butterfly because of the tattoo on his back.

Where's the twist?

Also some people think Pavel kills the girl with the gun
I thought that The American had fucked with the gun (there is a scene where he takes it back outof the briefcase for some unclear reason) and it backfired somehow as she shot it.
Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back