What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

lonesome_jim_ver2.jpg

sweet movie.

this is on tonight on BBC2 at 12.50....

I'm sure someone else has mentioned it but I just found out today that the superb version of Mack The Knife at the end of Un Prophete is sung by Smokey from The Big Lebowski, Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Definitely the most wonderful thing I've learned this year.

I'm sure someone else has mentioned it but I just found out today that the superb version of Mack The Knife at the end of Un Prophete is sung by Smokey from The Big Lebowski, Jimmie Dale Gilmore. Definitely the most wonderful thing I've learned this year.

is it the 'common' version or like the one Nick does here?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the song really deserves a thread
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_the_Knife

fascinatin

I saw Precious last night. It was ok, a little over the top but not as unbelievably depressing as it's made out to be.
Probably should have picked a more cheerful film for a first date though.

I saw Precious last night. It was ok, a little over the top but not as unbelievably depressing as it's made out to be.
Probably should have picked a more cheerful film for a first date though.

nonsense! So how did it go?

Recorded Boogeyman 3 from the tele, barely made it half-way through before I deleted it. Utter shite.

habit.jpg

After watching THE LAST WINTER (a decent paranoia isolation horror diected by Larry Fessenden) I checked out Habit (an earlier film by the same director)..

This is a really good low budget indie vamp movie much in the vein (LOL) of Martin or Abel Ferrara Addiction.

It stars Larry Fessenden as a New Yawk hipster who falls foul to a cutie dykie vampire..

Great locations, script and characters let down only by the less than strong acting abilities of the secondary cast. Fessenden himself is excellent in the lead role...

The film isn't limited by its obvious low budget but those expecting a typical vampire film will be soley dissapointed..

It is also suprisingly Wendigo free!!

is it the 'common' version or like the one Nick does here?

the song really deserves a thread
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_the_Knife

fascinatin

It's a bit more enjoyable than Nick's version anyway.

habit.jpg

After watching THE LAST WINTER (a decent paranoia isolation horror diected by Larry Fessenden) I checked out Habit (an earlier film by the same director)..

This is a really good low budget indie vamp movie much in the vein (LOL) of Martin or Abel Ferrara Addiction.

It stars Larry Fessenden as a New Yawk hipster who falls foul to a cutie dykie vampire..

Great locations, script and characters let down only by the less than strong acting abilities of the secondary cast. Fessenden himself is excellent in the lead role...

The film isn't limited by its obvious low budget but those expecting a typical vampire film will be soley dissapointed..

It is also suprisingly Wendigo free!!

this was on tv a few times a few years back and i remember liking it alright. yr man Larry is a quare lookin-hawk! The Last Winter was alright.....kept reminding me of Carpenters "The Thing".......this time with nature getting its own back - or something. Not seen "Wendigo" but yr man Larry made that too yeah? I recall seeing a trailer for it featuring the annoying little chap from malcolm in the midddle? some kinda evil kid horror jobbie is it?

Couldn't seem to find the film poster, so a trailer instead

I watched 'The Greatest'. I find Carey Mulligan absolutely... well, stunning in every sense of the word. She can do no wrong in my books. The film was alright, had lovely moments, but fell flat for me, mostly. I kept thinking, though, about Pierce Brosnan and how hard this film must have been to film for him. It made for very speculative viewing.

this was on tv a few times a few years back and i remember liking it alright. yr man Larry is a quare lookin-hawk! The Last Winter was alright.....kept reminding me of Carpenters "The Thing".......this time with nature getting its own back - or something. Not seen "Wendigo" but yr man Larry made that too yeah? I recall seeing a trailer for it featuring the annoying little chap from malcolm in the midddle? some kinda evil kid horror jobbie is it?

Have to watch Wendigo yet and No Telling too...

There was also Wendigos featured in Skin and Bones (his Fear itself contribution as well of course Wendigo and Last Winter) - I think his parents were eaten by them when he was young..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back