What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

george romero's diary of the dead. RUBBISH

last weekend i saw:
rataouille - excellent
zathura - very entertaining
walk the line - fell asleep
goodbye pork pie - highly entertaining

Lost Boys - Good, but i don't love it as much as alot of people do. That's probably something to do with Keifer Sutherland. He's so fucking annoying. Jason Patric & Corey Haim nearly kiss at one point too.

Money Pit - Tom Hanks. The Bath. The Laugh.

Blazing Saddles - Better and better. 'Hey where the white women at???'

Batman Begins - On Sky One. Don't need an excuse to watch it though. Immense.

folderdo1.jpg

Takasi Miike yakuza film, good,but not great.

200px-TrespassMovie.jpg

Great film that I've not seen in about 12 years. A few mates said it's really dated but I think it held up pretty well.
nothing with bill paxton ever dates...

watched mystic river last night.
nice performances from penn and lawrence fisbourne. penn has some serious lemon mouth thing going on. i fell asleep for 5 minutes near the end but thats only cause i'd chowed down some singapore noodles.

"The Diving bell and the butterfly" which was alot more life affirming then I thought it would be

I liked when he crashes the car at the end and the engine is revving to fuck, like his condition, mind furiously working but the body going nowhere. Beautiful stuff.

I saw the Batman movie last night.
Good good stuff.

Buffalo_sixty_six_ver1.jpg

T'was on TG4 last night and I really enjoyed it, the film just looks so cool and even though the character is such an asshole you still feel so much sympathy for him.

Christina Ricci looks great in it to.

beowulf.jpg

was almost hoping this would be shit but it was entertaining enough. starts brilliantly, the grendel is fucking awesome, but i'd completely lost interest by the end. i liked angelina jolie's cgi boobies but not her "i vant to suck your blood" accent.

Buffalo_sixty_six_ver1.jpg

T'was on TG4 last night and I really enjoyed it, the film just looks so cool and even though the character is such an asshole you still feel so much sympathy for him.

Christina Ricci looks great in it to.
It's a great looking film alright; love the way it's shot, even if is totally derivative..just couldn't stick with it though..i friggin hate Gallo, fuckin hate hate hate the fucker...so he ruint it for me.
Christina was well hot in it though.

He also had a massive online spat with Steve Albini on Albini's Electrical Audio forums over some guitar sale.

http://yatsrad.blogspot.com/2008/05/vincent-gallo-vs-steve-albini-aka-shits.html

Basically, Albini made fun of Gallo after a guitar was sold to him by a forum regular. Gallo logged onto Albini`s awesome and very fun electrical audio forum and retorted:

From Vincent Gallo,
No offence Mr. Steve Albini but I have been into Veleno and Travis Bean guitars since my early teens, long before your interest in them. I worked at a guitar shop that was a dealer of both along with Veillette Citron, Alembic, S.D. Curlee and others. Since the 80’s I have had several of my guitars featured on the back page of Guitar Player Magazine as part of the Encore feature that Tom Wheeler edited. (Full-page photo of a rare vintage guitar) In 1978-1980 I played a Wedge in the No Wave band GRAY that include member Jean Michel Basquiat. In 1981 I purchased a Veleno for $475 from a dude named Jimmy who worked in the art department on the film All That Jazz. Since my interest in older rare things started long before the Internet my searches were done in a different way than yours. For example, I put together the largest collection of sound gear made by Western Electric. I did so on a dishwasher salary and long before the web. I was a member of underground mailing lists and networked the USA and Japan like a maniac. To collect with little money I had to buy and sell a ton of guitars microphones and hifi gear. Over the years I have earned a lot about sound and sound recording and have written some well-known essays on the subject. My point of view has always been way more radical than any of your practices. I take offence to your slight, as you clearly do not know anything about me. I was never interested in your Bean or Veleno guitars (which I knew you had), because you hack up your instruments. I prefer things left the way they were made. Your guitars are all modified for reasons I could never understand. In any case, these days I make it clear on the web that I will pay higher than high for any Travis Bean or Veleno guitar as I am luckily very rich. [email protected]

The Albini reply followed:
Mr Gallo,

Thank you for submitting your resume, but unfortunately the position of self-obsessed douchebag has been filled. We'll keep your details on file and if anything opens up, we'll stuff a note in the vagina of a woman with low self-esteem.

Congratulations on becoming rich and owning things.

-mgmt

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back