What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

beowulf.jpg

was almost hoping this would be shit but it was entertaining enough. starts brilliantly, the grendel is fucking awesome, but i'd completely lost interest by the end. i liked angelina jolie's cgi boobies but not her "i vant to suck your blood" accent.

I haven't seen this but how does it compare to Beowolf, the Seamus Heaney poem orsotheywouldhaveyoubelieve?

donkey_punch.jpg

It's like an episode of Sky Ones The Villa crossed with Dead Calm, one actor was so bad I thought his character was meant to be handicapped, the plot is ridiculous and the characters are all annoying.

All that said I still really enjoyed this, the first twenty minutes were spent just guessing who would be the 'donkey puncher' and they 'donkey punchee' then after that I sat back and enjoyed the death scenes and ridiculous acting/script.

Decent soundtrack to with M83, The Knife, Bloc Party, Justice and various other Warp acts.

we_own_the_night_poster.jpg

a big pile of meh. some solid acting from pheonix and whalberg but the whole thing was so far fetched and cliche ridden that you didn't give two hoots what happened to the characters.

i enjoyed it immensely. it's very silly, but is surprisingly well made, and the girls performance is brilliant

the imagery in it is about as a subtle as a brick though, and i can't decide whether they went for it as a pisstake, or seriously. trees like vaginas, plenty of stalactites etc., oh and the girl just happens to live in the shadow of a nuclear plant, which appears ominously several times throughout

i enjoyed it immensely. it's very silly, but is surprisingly well made, and the girls performance is brilliant

the imagery in it is about as a subtle as a brick though, and i can't decide whether they went for it as a pisstake, or seriously. trees like vaginas, plenty of stalactites etc., oh and the girl just happens to live in the shadow of a nuclear plant, which appears ominously several times throughout

haha excellent, i think i'll enjoy it

Watched this last night as well.
Ditto above.
The bit with the gynacologist was hillarious and also the pause from a few seconds before the guy from Nip/Tucks mickey hits the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back