What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

nlgbbbblth said:
haha

some prick has spammed my blog

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

link to some degree programmes online shit

You should give it a try - you do come across as a little undereducated.

Miami Vice
Completely amazing. If the action genre is allowed to spawn an art film, this is it.
Texturally, there was a little bit of "King of New York" and a lot of "To live and die in LA"
The HD made it feel a lot like an extended, hyperreal episode of COPS, except in this episode, people have loud automatic weapons, and people are shown dying brutally, viscerally.
Also, I keep thinking there's a Bret Easton Ellis quality to it; the flat affect, maybe. Ordinarily, this would not be a good thing, but it works very well in this case.

I could go on about the contrast between harsh artificial and flat diffuse natural light, or about how the action sequences look like CNN, but whatever. If you like Michael Mann, you really need to see it. It has a dark, brooding quality that was somewhat evident in the first series (which had disappeared completely by the second)

If you like Michael Mann, you really need to see it. It has a dark, brooding quality that was somewhat evident in the first series (which had disappeared completely by the second)

I'm re-watching the second series on DVD at the moment and it's quite bleak in parts.
Miles Davis, Gene Simmons, Clarence Washington guest spots.

After that it went downhill. Rapidly.

Miami Vice
Completely amazing. If the action genre is allowed to spawn an art film, this is it.
Texturally, there was a little bit of "King of New York" and a lot of "To live and die in LA"
The HD made it feel a lot like an extended, hyperreal episode of COPS, except in this episode, people have loud automatic weapons, and people are shown dying brutally, viscerally.
Also, I keep thinking there's a Bret Easton Ellis quality to it; the flat affect, maybe. Ordinarily, this would not be a good thing, but it works very well in this case.

I could go on about the contrast between harsh artificial and flat diffuse natural light, or about how the action sequences look like CNN, but whatever. If you like Michael Mann, you really need to see it. It has a dark, brooding quality that was somewhat evident in the first series (which had disappeared completely by the second)

Is it the kind of thing you can enjoy even if you hate, loathe and detest Colin Farrell?

Miami Vice-brilliant and I too detest farrell but its brilliant.The acting is surprisningly good and natural .I loved it.

Just back from seeing Miami Vice. Shocked that I loved it so much, I also hate the Farrell. It looked amazing, great use of music too. I *must* go in one of those go fast boats...

HD has never looked as hott as it did in Miami Vice. So beautifully shot. So very gritty.

Farrell didn't pull off the greasy, blonde look as well as Kilmer did in Heat. But then, Kilmer didn't dance El Tango de la Muerte now, did he?

HD has never looked as hott as it did in Miami Vice. So beautifully shot. So very gritty.

Farrell didn't pull off the greasy, blonde look as well as Kilmer did in Heat. But then, Kilmer didn't dance El Tango de la Muerte now, did he?

Why do you always spell "hot" as "hott"?

The only thing that bothered me, and that only slightly, was the blatant advertising (bacardi, IWC, the cars)

I might go and see it again.

*worries

I do what I feel like.
fhhfh.bmp

none of them are films
oh well
last night was:

strangers with candy, season 2, episodes 2-9.
knowing me knowing you with alan partridge, episode 2.
american dad, season 1, episode 8.

The only thing that bothered me, and that only slightly, was the blatant advertising (bacardi, IWC, the cars)

Mann never seems to be overly concerned about keeping product placements subtle. I found myself staring at a Hyatt sign for two whole minutes.

I might go and see it again.

Hmmm.

It was good but I don't know that it was good enough to warrant multiple viewings. Let's not lose the run of ourselves.

more revisitations:

curb your enthusiasm, season 3, episode 8 "krazee-eyez-killah"
father ted, series 2, episode 1 "hell"
twin peaks, series 1, episode 1
the singing detective, episode 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back