What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

THAT MOVIE ABOUT THE POLES INVADING GERMANY BUT THEN LOSING TO THEM IN A FOOTBALL MATCH. SERVES THEM RIGHT. SHIT MOVIE THOUGH. AND IF YOU'RE A JOHNNY GILES FAN... EVEN HE COULDN'T RESCUE IT.

ALLAHQUANDO!! FOR
HEAVEN'S GATE
ROLLER SKATING COWBOYS!!!
ALLAHQUANDO!!!

V For Vendetta. Thought this was really, really, really good. Really.

We got about 15 minutes into The Matador - cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth over Brosnan's moustache. And then she fell asleep, so we shall attempt to watch it again tomorrow, I think.

nlgbbbblth said:
Watched the last episode of The Twilight Zone (1980s) season 1.
The Last Defender of Camelot was the better of the two stories. Merlin, Morgan La Fay, Lancelot etc.

just watched pavee lackeen and march of the penguins. both good, although music in nature documentaries is a bit annoying... and im never sure if the sounds are real or added in later. there was this big seagull thing soaring way up above the penguins, circling down to take a peck at the little penguins and there was a sound of wings flapping slowly that had to be fake.

(the rest of) The Matador. Meh.... was ok.

Next up: Fearless. Worth it just for the sight of little Jet Li taking on Nathan Jones, 6ft 11 ex-WWE wrestler. Pretty good looking film, which is just as well considering it was victim to some pretty mangled subtitles.

- I would like to discuss something with you

- You're leaving.

- I would like to go back once to visit my parent's graves

- Filial piety is important, you should go
Filial piety????

Walk The Line - Really enjoyed this. Not sure how accurate it is but it tells a good story.
The Hills Have Eyes (Wes Craven 1977) - I think the remake is better. Saw this years ago and never really thought a lot of it. After seeing it again it's pretty flawed but a good film none the less.

aoboa said:
Walk The Line - Really enjoyed this. Not sure how accurate it is but it tells a good story.
The Hills Have Eyes (Wes Craven 1977) - I think the remake is better. Saw this years ago and never really thought a lot of it. After seeing it again it's pretty flawed but a good film none the less.
thought Walk The Line was the biggest pile of pigshit ive seen in a long while.

jarhead - irritating then boring, and while i know they were presented mostly as morons, the shit about their girlfriends and wives drove me insane. should probably accept that i never like films about war or soldiers.

and last week, tesis - sounded promising (film student writing a thesis on audiovisual violence, finds snuff movie), but the lengthy shots of the girl in the snuff movie screaming and being beaten scared the hell out of me and i had to stop watching it. reminded me of nightwatch which upset me for the same reason - i might be the last person on earth still not desensitised to screen violence.

carbide said:
jarhead - irritating then boring, and while i know they were presented mostly as morons, the shit about their girlfriends and wives drove me insane. should probably accept that i never like films about war or soldiers.

and last week, tesis - sounded promising (film student writing a thesis on audiovisual violence, finds snuff movie), but the lengthy shots of the girl in the snuff movie screaming and being beaten scared the hell out of me and i had to stop watching it. reminded me of nightwatch which upset me for the same reason - i might be the last person on earth still not desensitised to screen violence.

Tesis is a good one. It was broadcast on Film Four a couple of years ago along with the 1976 movie, Snuff.

Saw Munich last night.

It's a good film. Some of it was beautiful in a horrific violence kind of way, and the set pieces were cool. Having seen 36 the other day I seem to be on a revenge-movie buzz. Only complaint about Munich is that it was way too long, it really dragged towards the end.
My flatmate said, after we were sitting silently for a long time, "this is the longest fucking movie ever"

seanc said:
Saw Munich last night.

It's a good film. Some of it was beautiful in a horrific violence kind of way, and the set pieces were cool. Having seen 36 the other day I seem to be on a revenge-movie buzz. Only complaint about Munich is that it was way too long, it really dragged towards the end.
My flatmate said, after we were sitting silently for a long time, "this is the longest fucking movie ever"

Saw it last night too.
It does feel too long but I think it works really well cos it ties you in to how the assassins were feeling towards the end.

brokeback mountain. Beautiful scenery and touching story but what was with the crap wigs and 'taches etc? Terrible.

pete said:
Underworld Evolution. atrociously bad.

Just watched this. Terrible - soooooo boring.
The first one was okay but what the f**k happened. No real story to speak of.

aoboa said:
Just watched this. Terrible - soooooo boring.
The first one was okay but what the f**k happened. No real story to speak of.
ah no - both were terrible.

i'm on a roll lately - 2 x underworlds, aeon flux, ultraviolet: all shit, yet i sat through every one of them. I wonder what the attraction could be????

pete said:
ah no - both were terrible.

i'm on a roll lately - 2 x underworlds, aeon flux, ultraviolet: all shit, yet i sat through every one of them. I wonder what the attraction could be????

At least ya didn't pay for them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back