What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

theweeyin said:
The Weather Man. It was fairly shit and I began to get extremely annoying with everyone constantly asking "what?" all the time. Pah.
i thought that was a really good movie. there you go.

Saw Walk the Line the other night. It was ok. Only ok. Johnny Cash grunted about ten lines in the whole film. It could have been the story of any non-thumped musician's life really.

Salesman.

1969 documentary by David and Albert Maysles about door-to-door bible salesman. Excellent and thoroughly engrossing. Same dudes who did Grey Gardens.

B00005KHJY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Super Dexta said:
i thought cube zero was alright. better than cube anyway.

I just thought that they ruined it by trying to explain things. The original was a great low budget sci-fi film. Once you've seen it the other 2 movies are kinda pointless.

Wilbert said:
This documentary is on the special edition DVD of Glengarry Glen Ross, the greatest movie ever!

Whaaaaaaat!!!? I just bought the Criterion edition.

The curse of having a DVD backlog.

edit: Just checked my Glengarry Glen Ross disc 2 and there's a documentary called ABC (Always Be Closing) on it. Around 30 mins.

No sign of the aforementioned Salesman movie/documentary which is 85 mins or so and dates from 1969.

Wilbert said:
This documentary is on the special edition DVD of Glengarry Glen Ross, the greatest movie ever!

you're getting re for that...
its got the best fucking dialogue ive ever heard in a movie.

that docu sounds interesting though it doesnt seem to be listed on the extras of the dvd.

watched the 40 yr old virgin last night.
t'is very funny indeed and quite moving in some scenes.
best bit in the whole film is the indian guy arguing with the black guy over sales commission.

"you're fucking with the wrong nigger"

"oh yeah, well you're fucking with the wrong sand nigger bitch"

There's a little audio bit on one of the menus on the 40 Year Old Virgin DVD where Steve Carrell says 'Hey, hey, motherfucker'. It's from the scene where he is drunk at the club and it really makes me laugh as he says it in a really high-pitched voice and pronounces it 'mothahfockah'.

Also that documentary is on the special edition of GGR released recently.

mr pharmacist said:
watched the 40 yr old virgin last night.
t'is very funny indeed and quite moving in some scenes.
best bit in the whole film is the indian guy arguing with the black guy over sales commission.

"you're fucking with the wrong nigger"

"oh yeah, well you're fucking with the wrong sand nigger bitch"
Meant to say this to you before Mr. Pharmacist but I realised that you are an ex-colaiste dhulaigh student.

Wilbert is my superhero identity. During the day I teach in Dhulaigh under the name Wil McDermott.

Wilbert said:
Also that documentary is on the special edition of GGR released recently.

nlgbbbblth said:
Whaaaaaaat!!!? I just bought the Criterion edition.

The curse of having a DVD backlog.

edit: Just checked my Glengarry Glen Ross disc 2 and there's a documentary called ABC (Always Be Closing) on it. Around 30 mins.

No sign of the aforementioned Salesman movie/documentary which is 85 mins or so and dates from 1969.

I can't find it on my GGR - the double disc version released a few months ago. Is it an Easter Egg?

Wilbert said:
Meant to say this to you before Mr. Pharmacist but I realised that you are an ex-colaiste dhulaigh student.

Wilbert is my superhero identity. During the day I teach in Dhulaigh under the name Wil McDermott.

you're superhuman skills have found me will.
hows tricks?

mr pharmacist said:
must be on the region 1 edition.

Not according to www.dvdcompare.net
Entry here

Salesman is a full length film / documentary from 1969.
It has been released by the Criterion Collection in the US and retails for around $30 - $35. For them to put it as an unlisted extra on a dvd release for another film doesn't make sense.

Over the last week:
Hostel - Some good gore but pretty silly overall. Not what I was expecting. 6/10
The Hills Have Eyes - I was expecting this to be way more extreme but it didn't really do it for me. Devils Rejects is way rougher. Good though - I liked the cheesier moments e.g. the US flag bit. 7/10

aoboa said:
Over the last week:
Hostel - Some good gore but pretty silly overall. Not what I was expecting. 6/10
The Hills Have Eyes - I was expecting this to be way more extreme but it didn't really do it for me. Devils Rejects is way rougher. Good though - I liked the cheesier moments e.g. the US flag bit. 7/10

rewatched munich the other night, way better the 2nd time round though the film feels like a random collection of scenes. doesnt really have any flow.

hostel was ridiculous, some good gore like ye said but the whole "lets find some european pussy" for the 1st half an hour was stupid.

i really enjoyed the hills have eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back