What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

egg_ said:
I loved Confessions of a Dangerous Mind too, deadly all round
Last night I watched Kinsey, which was damn good (though a little long)

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Five Easy Pieces - I really like both.

Over the weekend I watched The Shipping News, Punchdrunk Love, Monster's Ball- that's three movies in a row about men learning to love. Good Lord. Someone recommend me something violent. Got out 'Versus' last night; nonsense sci-fi Yakuza junk with a terrible soundtrack. Steer well clear.

Zeelander said:
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Five Easy Pieces - I really like both.

Over the weekend I watched The Shipping News, Punchdrunk Love, Monster's Ball- that's three movies in a row about men learning to love. Good Lord. Someone recommend me something violent. Got out 'Versus' last night; nonsense sci-fi Yakuza junk with a terrible soundtrack. Steer well clear.

You rented "Versus" when "Romeo must Die" was on?!!!
you stammering amateur!

short reviews:

Lost in La Mancha: Deadly!
Eulogy: Decent enough.
It's All Gone Pete Tong: Rubbish.
Friday Night Lights: Good.

watched about half of The Magic Roundabout with my niece. So shit.

When she got bored with it I put on Napoleon Dynamite again. Classic.

Bow to your sensei! BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!

pete said:
Shit!That reminds me,i have a lend of that.
Gonna go watch it right now,forgot clean about it.thanks.

i watched the recent "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" film last night, had heard good things about it. i havent read the books in many, many years, and watched it with two friends who just finished reading them. we all thought it was utter shit. i'm sorry to say, but i just thought everything about it was bad. my apologies if this opinion offends anyone, but to say it was "dissapointing" is more than an understatement.

pete said:

Bow to your sensei! BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!

Just finished watching this for the second time a few mins ago. It seems to get better and better.

The steak in the face is heeeeeeelarious!.|..|

watched a tale of espionage and death somewhat like The Avengers

Thriller: Good Salary - Prospects - Free Coffin

A girl living with two female flatmates lands what appears to be an exciting and well paid job when she answers a prominent ad in the local newspaper. The other two watch enviously as she is swept off abroad, but after several weeks without any contact the same ad re-appears in the paper and they conclude that she has been dismissed. Babs tries for the job and is successful, but when she too disappears without word the remaining girl Helen becomes suspicious. When she encounters a girl posing as Babs working in the embassy, Helen feels certain that her friends have met with foul play.Despite her new husband Charley's blatant dismissal of her concerns, Helen pursues her theories. Then, one day, the pesky newspaper ad returns and Helen decides to apply for the job herself...

Lord of the Flies (1990 version)
had never seen the film.....fucking loved it. i had forgotten how much i really loved the book. cried like a baby when Piggy was killed though, but then again I always did when i read the book.
the story itself makes me feel odd though, and highly disturbed, but it's a total classic.

went to the cinema and saw "The Aristocrats" - while not as gut-bustingly hilarious as i had hoped, it did have it's moments.

is this out in Ireland yet, or do you's not have a clue what i'm talking about?

Lord Damian said:
went to the cinema and saw "The Aristocrats" - while not as gut-bustingly hilarious as i had hoped, it did have it's moments.

is this out in Ireland yet, or do you's not have a clue what i'm talking about?

I think it's out soon. It doesn't get tedious; everyone talking about and telling different variations of the same joke for the whole movie?

Zeelander said:
I think it's out soon. It doesn't get tedious; everyone talking about and telling different variations of the same joke for the whole movie?
maybe a little, but they kinda compare it to jazz, how there's this 'idea' for a song/joke, and every musician/comedian makes it their own. in that way i was interested the whole way through. i think maybe the reason i wasn't blown away is because it was pretty hyped up here...i went in thinking Bob Saget's version would somehow startle me, but it wasn't THAT bad...2 folks actually left about 30 minutes into it...i just thought 'what the fuck were you expecting?"...

Thriller: Murder Motel

The Woodheath Motel is an unorthodox establishment where, for a fee, the harmless looking owner Sam will arrange to dispose of your enemies. Michael Spencer and his sister Helen innocently check into the motel with a plan to frame a workmate staying there, but instead find themselves on the receiving end of the establishment's unique services. Shortly after, Michael's girlfriend Kathy arrives at the motel searching for her partner, but only finds herself thrown into a nightmare ordeal as she and the owners become ever more suspicious of each other.

Everybody Says I Love You- Never thought i could enjoy a musical so much. Loved the dancing ghosts especially the ashes tipped out of the urn. The dancing scence at the end where Goldie is floating all over the place is pure magical.

Deconstructing Harry- I dont think i've ever heard motherfucker used so much in a film and found it so funny. Guess he needed to swear after the loveliness of Everybody Says I Love You.
So many great quotes. 'She wasnt handicapped she was dyslexic. She'd stick a tampax up her nose.'

the jerk - best bit - navin runs out the door away from the guy who'd been shooting at the cans and throws popcorn in his face and the guy spits out a load of popcorn...

these cans are defective

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back