What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

kirstie said:
watched what's eating gilbert grape. Forgotten how deadly is is, and how good leosnoredo de caprio is at playing a capper.

Great film. It all went downhill for Leo after that.

The book that it was based on is a very decent read indeed. The film is very close to the book, therefore it gets my approval.

FancyGoods said:
gewonourradat, di capritard is a brutal actor

nah he aint. he's good. just annoying looking. he's great in them movies mentioned above and also Catch Me if You Can, Basketball Diaries..maybe others. he's in a load of shit films though.

I think hes a bollox.

He ruined the beach, he pissed me off in bball diaries. gilbert grape meh and his forehead was too big in catch me if you can.

He sunk the titanic
avernus said:
nah he aint. he's good. just annoying looking. he's great in them movies mentioned above and also Catch Me if You Can, Basketball Diaries..maybe others. he's in a load of shit films though.

plug said:
Leonardo DiCapitated.

I watched the Aviator last night- it was pretty good, with the gnarliest plane crash ever! And for my money, DiCaprio was great. Upon consulting imdb, these are the other movies of his that I've enjoyed...

This Boy's Life
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Basketball Diaries
Total Eclipse
Romeo & Juliet
Gangs of New York
Catch Me If You Can

Volcano. Hehehehe.
Fucking brilliant.

Little Jimmy:"look officer....their faces...they all look the same....."
Policeman: "yes jimmy,...yes they do...."

Shoulder to shoulder man, shoulder to fucking shoulder. We can do it.

kirstie said:
I watched Searlas agus an monarcha seaclaid

ta se go maith.
wish I could speak a word of irish.. what does that mean? tg4 programmes? watched a bit of that russian eskimo doc they had on (again). crazy existence. oh and a bit of that programme about islam and al-qaieda etc. on rte. missed a lot of it cos I was playing with my new synth. bzzz wheeeooowwwwww shudder pling...

brilliant!

plug said:
wish I could speak a word of irish.. what does that mean?
Charlie and the choclate factory. Not that I speak a word of Irish, but seeing as I was sat next to her I'm making assumption.

Johnny Depp was great, oompa loompas shit.

ratmonkey said:
Would it not be Cathal?

Ask any Irishman called Charles what that name is in Irish and he will say Cathal. But what's the Irish for Charles, as in King Charles? Searlas. When we go back to the Latin, they are two distinct names - Carolus and Cathaldus. Cathal is not the Irish for Charles; in fact many Cathals do not even use a different form when speaking English. Charles is the name chosen as its English equivalent. They are different, but they can be confused.

http://www.irishrootsmagazine.com/about/ChristianNames.htm

I see. It's the old take the word and spell it as it would be if it had been an Irish word all along. Much like vehicle becoming feithiceail. I was just working off the former T-shirt Haughey being Cathal O'hEochagain. Bertie should go under Parlathan O'hEatharn, sounds much more impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back