What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

Thor: Love and Thunder.
If you're going to like it, you'll love it. if you're going to dislike it you'll probably hate it. I loved it. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster that starts off really bleak then switches to the LOLZ then kind of hops back and forth. Tonally inconsistent? Maybe, but speaking of tone it's got that amped up technicolour Marvel palette going on for most of the movie but also has a really good almost black and white fight scene on a tiny planet in there too.

There's a couple of bits where the editing kind of jars - there's a scene with James Gunn's brother that doesn't seem to serve any purpose to the story, then there are a couple of other parts that felt like a scene or two was cut out, including one that skips from "bad guy sneak attack preparation" to "full on battle involving scores of people" in the blink of an eye.

Also contains one completely unexpected "Wait... what?" cameo/character reveal.

Oh and this is on the soundtrack along with a load of GNR

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
The Sadness. A Taiwanese "zombie" esque movie. Probably more a kin to 28 days later, as it's infected people acting in a rabid violent, and rape y fashion. Very, very bloody. Not for the fainthearted

Saw that Thor thing today.
Kermode is 10000% right. The worst thing is there's the potential for a decent story in this film, and it's totally ruined by shit 'comedy' the whole way through that just isn't funny. A fair amount of people in the cinema were laughing, at the most banal shit. Ooh like it's Matt Damon doing a cameo as a bad actor - ehh lads that isn't actually funny. Maybe if he'd been parodying an actual Matt Damon role it could have been funny, but that would have taken a bit of thought wouldn't it.
Christian Bale is actually good in the film, because he gets the single character that isn't just made fun of the whole way through. Shame it's yet another Marvel piece of shit ruined by 'comedy'. It's like watching Marvel do The Hangover - "OH LOOK IT'S GIANT GOATS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" what the fuck is wrong with people (and I happen to love goats).

I enjoyed that!

Simple Minds playing a great version of Paint It Black at the start
that was never simple minds, was it? wow, i had no idea

i watched another film by the same director - john mackenzie - last night - the long good friday. much bigger production value with a cast that included bob hoskins, helen mirren, pierce brosnan, and funnily enough, a bunch of actors later hired by guy ritchie for lock stock and snatch. in fact, this film bears a lot of similarities to those movies - especially snatch. in any case, it's a great film

The Duellists 1977

Pretty compelling, Kietel is really good and an odd fit at the same time. Thought i'd watch ten mins to get the atmossphere and sat up to stupid o clock to finish it.

Inglorious Bastards (not the tarrantino one)

Funny Kelly's heroes type deal. Good cast to carry it along. Nice easy watch

that was never simple minds, was it? wow, i had no idea

i watched another film by the same director - john mackenzie - last night - the long good friday. much bigger production value with a cast that included bob hoskins, helen mirren, pierce brosnan, and funnily enough, a bunch of actors later hired by guy ritchie for lock stock and snatch. in fact, this film bears a lot of similarities to those movies - especially snatch. in any case, it's a great film
Great movie that. We had it on VHS when it came out I know it off by heart

Didn't think much of that
Well,great mighta been a bit of overly positive but I certainly enjoy it very much.
Slapstick violence with a plot that didn't know which side of the political divide it wanted to ridicule more. Pacey too.

i watched yet another film by the same director - john mackenzie - last night - the fourth protocol. jumped the shark on this one. michael caine in the lead role - i can never not see michael caine the actor. the character he was playing was ridiculous - a brilliant but concientious intelligence agent / breaks all the rules to save the day / cool and collected except when he's not / father and widower (why?? no reason) - foils an attempt at a russian attack on a us army base in england, but with a twist at the very end (a shite twist). pierce brosnan the russian agent, building an atomic bomb, wasn't quite as bad - but again, pointless character bulding in the form of a half arsed romantic affair that abrubtly goes nowhere. max headroom appears, as does ned beatty (best attempt at a russian accent... not saying much really, more of an observation of how none of the other actors even bothered trying to sound russian). would have been alright but for all that. i got through the whole film, which says something i suppose

Grease. Yikes - How did every kid in Holy Catholic Ireland get to see this film in the cinema?

Still amazes me that it was only set 19 years before the film was released, FORTY FOUR YEARS AGO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back