What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

With Oliver Reed and Donald Pleasence. So silly. Not sure if it was supposed to be part comedy or if it was just 1989. Very enjoyable

New James Bond Movie

I liked it - of the cast remi malek and the new 007 were weakest - quite emotional towards the end even though it's kinda going into a montage. agree with the criticisms i read that are generally that most bonds are standalone romps and this one is a transition to serialisation. Nothing was forced down you neck, action was fun, fair few subtlties that'll ring better in a year or two. Always liked the craig bond.. a new kinda coldness to it? Anywhooo I actually think they pulled it off all told, ending bond without making it shit.

French Dispatch

The first act was my favourite but i'm not sure if that was because of the sexy lady or because of the plot - rewatch tonight maybe. very pretty of course - grand budapest is hands down my favourite movie, this one is less emotive and has more lines delivered as function which i kinda found a little tired... all that lovely colour, staging, dialogue and stunning people though, thats kinda what cinema is for to me.. Also owen wilson seemed a little old for that role?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't look up. I enjoyed it. Pretty much what I expected. Not sure it needed the slapstick predictable last scene but, fun all the same.

The Nest. Tense, creepy drama with Jude Law about a aspirational middle class family going bonkers in a huge country house they can't afford in the 90s. Excellent film. Acting pitch perfect, mood of inexplicable dread permeated in every shot.

The NIght House. Enjoyably creepy with a nice occult twist, looked great. But- I worked out too early what was going on, and I prefer my malevolent entities to be unfathomable and chaotic, instead of a bit peeved.

The Nest. Tense, creepy drama with Jude Law about a aspirational middle class family going bonkers in a huge country house they can't afford in the 90s. Excellent film. Acting pitch perfect, mood of inexplicable dread permeated in every shot.
The director of this is doing a TV series remake of Dead Ringers with Rachael Weisz. Sounds stupid but he's a fantastic director with a distinct style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back