What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

the bridge scene in that is phenomenal.

i watched 'mission impossible, ghost protocol' last night. i probably should have had a few beers before doing so.

in what sense? it's been years since i've seen it but i remember it as 'nasty people do some really dark things, albeit beautifully shot'

It's been a long time since I've see it too but if I remember correctly the balance of focus on the lives of the people who came from north of the border vs those who came from south of it was out of whack and a lot whack.

The Lost Daughter. Very good yeah. Our very own Jessie Buckley impressed me a lot more than Olivia Coleman who just does the same slightly befuddled posh lady thing in every film. Paul Mescal is laughably bad in this.
I thought this was fairly boring

There Will Be Blood was great

It's been a long time since I've see it too but if I remember correctly the balance of focus on the lives of the people who came from north of the border vs those who came from south of it was out of whack and a lot whack.
It's about the border and the people who want to cross the border, I get the feeling the majority of people wanting to get across that border aren't coming from Disneyland

New James Bond Movie

I liked it - of the cast remi malek and the new 007 were weakest - quite emotional towards the end even though it's kinda going into a montage. agree with the criticisms i read that are generally that most bonds are standalone romps and this one is a transition to serialisation. Nothing was forced down you neck, action was fun, fair few subtlties that'll ring better in a year or two. Always liked the craig bond.. a new kinda coldness to it? Anywhooo I actually think they pulled it off all told, ending bond without making it shit.

French Dispatch

The first act was my favourite but i'm not sure if that was because of the sexy lady or because of the plot - rewatch tonight maybe. very pretty of course - grand budapest is hands down my favourite movie, this one is less emotive and has more lines delivered as function which i kinda found a little tired... all that lovely colour, staging, dialogue and stunning people though, thats kinda what cinema is for to me.. Also owen wilson seemed a little old for that role?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back