What is this board about??? (1 Viewer)

Alex

Website
www.morellorocks.com
Hi All,

Back from me holidays I log on Thumped and what I find? A new Irish Punk hosted board....??? Hey this is SO COOL!!!!

Then though I go through some threads to see ANY discussion turns into a pure exchange of insults between the members after the third post.

This is SO pointless: isn't this board about music ???

Sorry but I'm NOT interested in your fights and personal hates, so why don't you *kids* go fight somewhere else and respect the effort people like Help and Pete made to put this board together ?

Here it's about .|..| and .|..| ONLY, right?

hi alex,

i think a few people have wandered similarly to you onto this messageboard as a result of it being linked to thumped but it existed before then and itsn't really new. anyway welcome along.

Yes sometimes it's different to thumped, sometimes better sometimes worse,for example less tolerant of certain prejudices and also having its own prejudices. a lot of shit is talked here, a lot of good things too, all out of the control of help who put this togther in the first place and probably doesn't agree with a lot of whats here. similar i would suggest to thumped really.

so yes there are stupid arguements here but similar things happen on thumped, blast, football forums etc, there's a lot of keyboard warriors out there. theres also a lot of people carrying out "arguements" which are actually in jokes

anyway try and stay around or join in and maybe you will find interesting stuff or somethings to discuss, maybe a lot of the discussion here is disjointed cause its not so clear cut what punk is about these days, a lot of different peopel who call themselves punk will define it differently, but there is quite a positive "scene" going on in ireland at the moment, a lot more positive than you sometimes see here.

thats my tuppence worth, i get enjoyment from this message board anyway.

Originally posted by bohs punks
hi alex,

i think a few people have wandered similarly to you onto this messageboard as a result of it being linked to thumped but it existed before then and itsn't really new. anyway welcome along.

Yes sometimes it's different to thumped, sometimes better sometimes worse,for example less tolerant of certain prejudices and also having its own prejudices. a lot of shit is talked here, a lot of good things too, all out of the control of help who put this togther in the first place and probably doesn't agree with a lot of whats here. similar i would suggest to thumped really.

so yes there are stupid arguements here but similar things happen on thumped, blast, football forums etc, there's a lot of keyboard warriors out there. theres also a lot of people carrying out "arguements" which are actually in jokes

anyway try and stay around or join in and maybe you will find interesting stuff or somethings to discuss, maybe a lot of the discussion here is disjointed cause its not so clear cut what punk is about these days, a lot of different peopel who call themselves punk will define it differently, but there is quite a positive "scene" going on in ireland at the moment, a lot more positive than you sometimes see here.

thats my tuppence worth, i get enjoyment from this message board anyway.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I didn't mean to compare this board with Thumped but I was *really* disappointed to see such a lot of fights and stuff that actually fucked up a potentially great board, that's it!

if you havent learned by now that internet messagebaords are only useful for fighting, you never will.

calm down, its not always like this.

it'd b better if there wasnt SUCH A BANG OFF OF SWEENEY!!!!!
hehehe:p
just thought i'd add me tuppence of stupid internet insults!
alex, its alright, its a great resource, if u use it as one, any shit that pisses u off, ignore it. alot of the fighting is indeed stupid in jokes. is that pic u ya madzer?!
if theres anything u'r think should b talked about, feel free to start a thread. good luck, hope u like it better in the future.
p.s. definately more .|..| , always! also more !cheezy , purely cuz its the stupidest picture ive ever seen.

Alex, if you are disappointed, fuck off back to the 'General' Thumped Forum and leave us cunts to being cunts to other fucking cunts. We fight with each other on the internet because we're too scared to do it in real life. If this wasn't true, then we'd be calling round to each other's mammy's gaffs to hurl abuse at each other.
Thats my tuppence worth.

"We fight with each other on the internet because we're too scared to do it in real life."
hmmmmmmm should it not be you're too scared to do it in real life rather than saying everybody who posts here?

Nah I meant -we're- too scared. I never see anyone bitch about someone at gigs anonomously. Everyone who I think is a cunt knows that I think they're cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back