What gig didn't you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Greg Fox quadrinity & Jessica Moss. Raging I couldn't make it but just couldn't get away. Anyone here go?

diauhdiad?

Supporter
Threads
I went, it was grand.

I'd never heard a note of Jessica Moss's music before and I don't really plan on listening to any of her albums now or anything but a couple of times in her set I found myself entranced, when she put down the violin and started singing. Basically she's another loop pedal jockey but better than most of the pack.

Greg fox is a cool drummer but he doesn't really have the tunes to match imo. Also I couldn't hear the guitar at all and the bass was very muddy. I liked his solo Bello Bar show more.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
I've bought a million gig tickets this year and gone to pretty much NONE of them.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Meant to go to Courtney Barnett this week.

Then again I also meant to listen to her album more than once.
going against the flow here but I prefer her second album to her first album (the one after the EPs). That one never caught me at all. I have good time for the new one and thought the songs from it came across really well live.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
going against the flow here but I prefer her second album to her first album (the one after the EPs). That one never caught me at all. I have good time for the new one and thought the songs from it came across really well live.
I don't even think it's bad, I put it on the other day and was really enjoying it, I just haven't given it time. Which is a terrible state of affairs altogether. The attention economy and all that bullshit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Cormcolash

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads