What gig didn't you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

prefuse

Temples in the button factory. Would have liked to see them but I didn't have a ticket. It was a cold Monday evening & a 24 mile drive in & I'm an auld git.

xsteox

Okus & Subordinate in the Hut last night. Knew it was coming up, but only checked the date earlier today. ☹

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
didn't go to see James Vincent McMorrow last night.

I'm only vaguely aware of who he is, but any gig would have been nice. Looking at pictures of the crowd at it, it seemed a bit, dunno, surreal?

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Thee Oh Sees played their first post pandemic show at Red Rocks a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing is up on youtube and is amazing, but is very odd to see!

King Gizzard have done a bunch of shows, all full venues with no social distancing or mask wearing in Australia. Even weirder to see!

Whereas here Arab Strap have just cancelled their autumn Dublin show 8(

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
didn't go to see James Vincent McMorrow last night.

I'm only vaguely aware of who he is, but any gig would have been nice. Looking at pictures of the crowd at it, it seemed a bit, dunno, surreal?
I'm sure the performances were great, and that the stage production, the organisation, the security, the facilities, and all the rest were top notch but let's not beat about the bush here - as a gig it looked awful.

Last edited:

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I'm sure the performances were great, and that the stage production, the organisation, the security, the facilities, and all the rest were top notch but let's not beat about the bush here - as a gig it looked awful.

it was like that time the pope was here and no one turned up.

ann post

Supporter
Solutions

I got sheepdog trials vibes off it

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I watched it on youtube, and really enjoyed it

I thought Sorcha Richardson, who I think is ok on record, sounded like your bog-standard local support band though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads