What gig did you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

I keep thinking of the YF/Idles/LCD gig and how great it was and how much fun I had. I wouldn't normally be a fan of outdoor gigs in Ireland or large gigs (generally) in Ireland because it's always messy. It ruins the experience of the live music because (as a person who is permanently in fight or flight mode in mixed company) I'm on high alert all the time.

Malahide was so clean. When I needed to sit I could sit comfortably without fear of someone stepping on me or spilling something on me. I had a good view no matter where I stood or sat. No lines at the loos and they were the cleanest I have ever seen at an outdoor gig before. There was even a gluten free food truck. Are things changing here or did I just get lucky because it was a Wednesday night gig?

I thoroughly enjoyed all the bands and could focus on the music without an internal calming monologue. I was dancing around having a blast with anxiety at all time low. It seemed people were there FOR the music for once and not for a messy session. Maybe I should expand what gigs I am actually willing to go to now or was this an anomaly? It was the best show I have been to since before COVID.

PS Dude wearing white vest in YF belongs in the Horn Thread.

Same experience for me at this gig and at Depeche Mode and YF in same venue last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back