What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

Went to The Darkness in the Olympia last night. Band were great, whole concert experience ruined by asshole audience. More interested in the bar, the jacks and looking at social media than the gig. Oh my, did people not want to hear anything that wasn't from the first album.

I find Electric Six are always class. And they do the same thing every year, newer songs for first half and then classics for the second half - what I really like though is that they straight up say it to the crowd. They're legends.

I find Electric Six are always class. And they do the same thing every year, newer songs for first half and then classics for the second half - what I really like though is that they straight up say it to the crowd. They're legends.
I saw them before in The Academy, I think it was the first time they played there. They were good craic then but I think they were better this time.

Went to The Darkness in the Olympia last night. Band were great, whole concert experience ruined by asshole audience. More interested in the bar, the jacks and looking at social media than the gig. Oh my, did people not want to hear anything that wasn't from the first album.

I know that vibe, i know it's less practical as we turn into old men, but I've found just moving forward till you are past the fairweathers sometimes helps.

The undertones were decent a few years back when I saw them.
I've never seen the buzzcocks but wouldn't really be bothered these days
I saw Buzzcocks 1998 in Irving Plaza.. was fucking excellent

I also saw Sepultura there ..also excellent

I saw the Undertones at Electric Picnic or something..they were great

I also saw Sepultura there ..also excellent

knowing it's basically a new band now, i've been dabbling in this album recently - The new drummer is magnificent.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched a band of heavy metal dudes doing heavy metal. A bunch of middle aged fellas, but they chunged and grooved appropriately. They were really good, if I was a casting director looking for a metal band, these guys. They'd be the best thing in the movie.

Later watched some pair in a different place. A two piece, one on drums, the other on some kind of flute/synthesiser.

I don't don't say this lightly, I've seen thousands of bands. It was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Like watching a tiny calf get horned with gasflame. Or shovelling lamb guts after a dog attack. Or cleaning a bedpan.

Not just one of the worst gigs, one of the worst things.
Five stars.

No really, it was some of the most pretentious shit I've ever seen. Fairplay to them for finishing the set, seeing as I was the only one in the room.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back