What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

Oooh, I wish I'd gotten these! And I second your review because as @ann post astutely alluded too, I'm too tired and spacey to be more coherent. I'll add that iveagh gardens was a lovely venue for it and it was nice to feel like the youngest person at the show for once (aside from all the babies in those giant ear protectors 🥰).
There were babies with giant ear protectors!! We were told we weren't allowed to bring the kid to Mac DeMarco

There were babies with giant ear protectors!! We were told we weren't allowed to bring the kid to Mac DeMarco

No way! Maybe they thought Mac would have a younger, rowdier crowd. But yes, definitely a few (not loads) of kids and babies around.

I sent Aiken an email about it and they basically said that a child would disturb the other patrons but that if I insisted on bringing him I'd have to pay for another ticket.

Ah here, fuck that. Iveagh Gardens is the perfect venue to bring the bab.

Actually have the email:
Aiken Promotions strongly discourages the attendance of young children at events.

A concert, as you well know, can be quite busy with patrons jostling for position, loud music which can damage hearing as well as unsettling the child, the impact of the bangs caused by the pyrotechnics and the need for the child to be fed and toileted. In addition, the sound of a baby crying in response to any of these stimuli can cause annoyance to other patrons.

Our policy requires that each person should have an admission ticket, including babies.

In conclusion, our strong advice is that you should not bring your son to the concert.

Kind regards

Aiken Promotions

24 Holles Street

Dublin 2

Tel: 01 – 7755800
This was in response to
I am enquiring about the above event. We are thinking about bringing our young boy to the Iveagh Gardens on the day. He will be 14 months and have the necessary ear protection. What is your policy on that

I'll check out pillow queens. I'm always wondering who are the interesting Irish bands at the moment. Everytime I hear of a new band thats getting a name for themselves it's turns out to be more of that bland millennial sensitive ballad shit.

Peggy Seeger with Calum McColl

Nice gig. Peggy played 5-6 different instruments of the course of it, her guitar chops are great (considering she's 84 with arthritis there was nothing in her playing that revealed it). Wide mix of songs and poetry and stuff, had some mouthy american behind me who was getting a bit chatty and then she went on a rant about trump and he wasn't mouthy any more. Was great overall, think she's still on tour if you can catch her.

Peggy Seeger with Calum McColl

Nice gig. Peggy played 5-6 different instruments of the course of it, her guitar chops are great (considering she's 84 with arthritis there was nothing in her playing that revealed it). Wide mix of songs and poetry and stuff, had some mouthy american behind me who was getting a bit chatty and then she went on a rant about trump and he wasn't mouthy any more. Was great overall, think she's still on tour if you can catch her.
I want to see her but I can't be bothered going to Dun Laoghaire

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back