what films turn you into an emotional wreck? (1 Viewer)

This one always does for me as well:

12581-large.jpg

dudley said:

oh saddest film ever..Me and one of my friends from primary school made an agreement when we were young cos we were the only two in our group to wear glasses..At the first one to dies funeral the other has to run up to the coffin shouting 'Her glasses..she can't see without her glasses' We were morbid kids..

But Vada Sultenfuss rocked..

dancer in the dark was a swift kick to the guts
life is beautiful
il postino is just about the most melancholic film ever
my girl

yes! can't believe that was the first mention. ditto.

& Dumbo...lately I'm barely managing to cling on to dignity if an animal gets hurt in a movie, or worse, dies. e.g. sobfest at King Kong, and lots of furious blinking when the gorgeous alsation gets killed in I am Legend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

25th Hour? I think. Ed Nortons innit.

Pollock got me too, dont know why though. Harold and Maude. I get wierd during relatively mainstream stuff, nerves get struck and all of a sudden i'm a mess. There's a heap of them i cant think of.

Was a bit weepy at one point during Rocky Balboa; that scene in Scrooged when Murrays looking at himself as a boy christmas eve past. Erm...cough....city of angels (there were circumstances though), and that awful one with micheal keaton innit, My Life i think it's called. It was on the telly just after coco was born, i went to pieces. Theres a kids movie with kieran culkin and some huge kid innit that got me too.

Broken flowers. Lars and the real girl.Sean Penn's not bad at this stuff, The Crossing Gaurd and the other wan with him robbins and bacon innit. Looing forward to seeing his new one.

And Happiness .You're a bit wrecked after that one, laugh out loud and sob quietly stuff.

Nil by Mouth.

In relation to Junkie movies , I thought both Jesus' Son and Drugstore Cowboy were better than Requiem , although I liked Requiem ,(for that matter , I think Adam and Paul was probably better also....but I might be wrong...).

You might. And are! :p

Nah, they're good movies. Thought I was the only one who'd seen Jesus' Son!

Adam and Paul I don't rate. It's a heroin Laurel & Hardy. Found it deeply uninvolving. Maybe I need to see it again as I seem to be in the minority that don't like it.

I can't even watch this trailer without getting upset.

YouTube - Ordinary People (WIDESCREEN)

I'm with you there, Hayworth!

Timothy Bottoms character is such a nice kid that you are so worried about whether he'll make it.

And that final scene? Man, it's getting a little dusty in here! There's something in my eye.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back