what films turn you into an emotional wreck? (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

as in not just a sob while watching, but actually affects your day to day life long after you've seen it.

For me its Love Liza and Requiem For A Dream. both left me a wreck for weeks after.
:(

yesterday i watched the notebook. bleeeeurgh. naturally i cried but only because there was growse blatant bits where you should cry. bleeeeurgh. sometimes i'm such a geebag.

dla11.jpg

Of the all dogma stuff, Festen by Thomas Vinterberg hit me pretty hard

oh that's right, Festen.
I saw that totally randomly one day, knowing nothing about it, just watched it because I was sitting on the couch.
Jaysus.

Here, there was another film, same story, just happened to watch it randomly, emm, Das Experiment? German film.
That film was pretty disturbing in fairness. One of those films that manages to escalate the level of fuckedness consistently and continuously until you are sitting there going, Please Stop. Seriously. Please.

edit, I have to say though, I thought Requiem For A Dream was basically shite. It was painful to watch alright, but making something painful is not the same as making something deeply fucked.
Saw was painful to watch. I would rate Requiem For A Dream the same as Saw.

i watched requium for a dream on my own while on a comedown... the worst idea ever. rang my ma after to see if she was ok. sob...

Birdy....

A damn intense movie.

There's alot more...I just can't think of them. The Killing Fields gets an honourable mention anyway...

Requim For A Dream hit me pretty hard too, as did Le Heine and ET :eek:

The Straight Story as well, I was just a wreck waiting to see if his brother was alvie or not at the end. Old men have a strange power over me and my tear ducts.

The Straight Story as well, I was just a wreck waiting to see if his brother was alvie or not at the end. Old men have a strange power over me and my tear ducts.

Oh man, I really fucking loved that movie. That reminds me, I should really get it on DVD.

Another one that did it was The World's Fastest Indian.

Lilya 4ever ripped me to bits, too, but obviously for totally different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back