What do you work as? (1 Viewer)

i'm an, ahem, market research assistant.
which actually means i work in a call centre.
it's bearable. i only do about 22 hours a week. i'll keep it up for the summer anyway, and then hopefully cut down my hours when i start my MA in september.

in the long term i want to be a Person Who Reads Books All Day.

I dance to the tune of the organ grinder...

SR813.jpg

..that is to say I occasionally make webshites, between long bouts of staring out the window and reading/posting on thumped...

*sigh*

i was in paris with the missus a few years ago and there was an organ grinder outside that famous department store "printemps"??. anyway he had a little dog and cat with him tucked up in a pram. it was so cute, even if both the animals' leg muscles were probably by now completely atrophied.

plug said:
I dance to the tune of the organ grinder...

SR813.jpg

..that is to say I occasionally make webshites, between long bouts of staring out the window and reading/posting on thumped...

*sigh*

im the guy who pours blue water into sanitary towels in the adverts.

they named a shopping mall after me.

I've worked in banking for the last ten years - since I finished my English & History degree.

While not the ideal career I am reasonably satisfied with it at the moment. For me it's a job which pays me enough money to live, cover the mortgage and buy records/dvds/books. I believe in doing the job properly while I am at work but have no interest in it becoming my life (unlike a lot of people in the sector).

I don't meet that many people in banking that share similar interests to me but there are a few and it's a mistake to dismiss everyone in the industry as boring or uncreative.

im a teacher..at the moment i am teaching horrible teenagers how to speak english..i like it..good money and im finished work every day at 12.20!!.|..|

nlgbbbblth said:
I've worked in banking for the last ten years - since I finished my English & History degree.

While not the ideal career I am reasonably satisfied with it at the moment. For me it's a job which pays me enough money to live, cover the mortgage and buy records/dvds/books. I believe in doing the job properly while I am at work but have no interest in it becoming my life (unlike a lot of people in the sector).

I don't meet that many people in banking that share similar interests to me but there are a few and it's a mistake to dismiss everyone in the industry as boring or uncreative.
I misread the first line as baking and spent a few confused seconds trying to figure out when it became a "sector"...

I wonder what I'm doing most of the time.
I do know that I have a VAT bill this week and am flat broke every October, just in time for christmas, yay!

am full time studente, work for a p.a company and do backline and tour stuff for bands also like. and im broooooohhke!

I survived on music for a few years but since the birth of the wee one,teaching English to Japanese students has been putting bread on the table.

chickenham said:
I survived on music for a few years but since the birth of the wee one,teaching English to Japanese students has been putting bread on the table.

Do you teach them the phrase "Put the bread on the table".

muffin said:
im a teacher..at the moment i am teaching horrible teenagers how to speak english..i like it..good money and im finished work every day at 12.20!!.|..|

why horrible?

i have three sources of income at the moment.

i work in a library, in a bookshop and i give guitar lessons.

next year i'm doing the MLIS in ucd and then i'll be a full on shit kicking librarian.

das nugs said:
why horrible?

i have three sources of income at the moment.

i work in a library, in a bookshop and i give guitar lessons.

next year i'm doing the MLIS in ucd and then i'll be a full on shit kicking librarian.

What would you consider the pros and cons of being a librarian? What sort of educational qualifications do you need? What sort of person is best suited to the job? I've often thought that being a librarian would be pretty ok.

Zeelander said:
What would you consider the pros and cons of being a librarian? What sort of educational qualifications do you need? What sort of person is best suited to the job? I've often thought that being a librarian would be pretty ok.

and please answer those questions in alphabetical order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back